LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of doing my interior and i was thinking of using the same style just in vinyl. So i was thinking of taking all the seat appart stich by stich that way a have all the patters and just trace and cut. so What kind if thread should u use and neddle ETC.
Also i am going to be using a regular sewing machine can this work.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i would also like to know? Do you unstitch the old seat cover, use the pieces as patterns, then cut out all the pieces, then sew em back together?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix@Sep 23 2003, 07:28 PM
i would also like to know? Do you unstitch the old seat cover, use the pieces as patterns, then cut out all the pieces, then sew em back together?
it sounds the eazy way of doing it

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
A regular machine want work on vinyl

·
Registered
865 Posts
a regular machine wont be capable of using heavy duty uv protected threads :thumbsdown: i dont recommend these machines, however i have seen people pull it off with them. :dunno: as far as patterns are concerned that is a good way to start just know that the patterns have little "v"s cut out of them in variuos places thats what you use to line everything up. also most of the time the front seats are the same just a mirror image so only take one seatcover apart and use the other as a guide on putting it back together. i do this all the time cuz sometimes i forget or its been awhile before i put it back together.

·
Registered
102 Posts
kurupT i went to your website and i checked out the pink & yellow interior i didn't like the colors but your work looks good :thumbsup:
how much would i be looking at to redo a 90' model 4 door big body lac the original burgandy color in vinyl

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by KurupT@Sep 24 2003, 08:36 AM
a regular machine wont be capable of using heavy duty uv protected threads :thumbsdown: i dont recommend these machines, however i have seen people pull it off with them. :dunno: as far as patterns are concerned that is a good way to start just know that the patterns have little "v"s cut out of them in variuos places thats what you use to line everything up. also most of the time the front seats are the same just a mirror image so only take one seatcover apart and use the other as a guide on putting it back together. i do this all the time cuz sometimes i forget or its been awhile before i put it back together.
how much is a good machine that can do the job.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by angel85lx+Sep 24 2003, 11:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (angel85lx @ Sep 24 2003, 11:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KurupT@Sep 24 2003, 08:36 AM
a regular machine wont be capable of using heavy duty uv protected threads  :thumbsdown: i dont recommend these machines, however i have seen people pull it off with them.    :dunno:           as far as patterns are concerned that is a good way to start just know that the patterns have little "v"s cut out of them in variuos places thats what you use to line everything up. also most of the time the front seats are the same just a mirror image so only take one seatcover apart and use the other as a guide on putting it back together. i do this all the time cuz sometimes i forget or its been awhile before i put it back together.
how much is a good machine that can do the job.[/b][/quote]
depends where you find one... my girl bought hers for $150

i know people who have payed $1500

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Originally posted by KurupT@Sep 24 2003, 09:36 AM
a regular machine wont be capable of using heavy duty uv protected threads :thumbsdown: i dont recommend these machines, however i have seen people pull it off with them. :dunno:
So the problems you have noticed with regular sewing machines is just UV thread??? I was wondering if there was strength issues in using a regular sewing machine in the seams??

·
Registered
865 Posts
Originally posted by UCYI3WL+Sep 24 2003, 03:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UCYI3WL @ Sep 24 2003, 03:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KurupT@Sep 24 2003, 09:36 AM
a regular machine wont be capable of using heavy duty uv protected threads  :thumbsdown: i dont recommend these machines, however i have seen people pull it off with them.    :dunno:
So the problems you have noticed with regular sewing machines is just UV thread??? I was wondering if there was strength issues in using a regular sewing machine in the seams??[/b][/quote]
notice i said heavy duty, strength is a major issue you got to have it! :biggrin:

·
Registered
865 Posts
as far as price you got to just look around for them call some upholstery shops too they might be getting rid of one. but you need a walking foot industrial machine you can call some of the local sewing machine shops they get used ones in too. :biggrin:

GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS!!! :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts