LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
depends on the type of music you like and your listening habits..... its geared more torwards sq and low frequency output.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Aug 14 2005, 10:08 PM~3620724
depends on the type of music you like and your listening habits..... its geared more torwards sq and low frequency output.
How 'bout a really generalized statement? The sub sounds great and can get really loud. You'll be happy with it if installed properly.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by quadmasta@Aug 15 2005, 07:37 AM~3625166
How 'bout a really generalized statement?  The sub sounds great and can get really loud.  You'll be happy with it if installed properly.
I dont think they sound great, they have a strange sound to them honestly... I prefer the ID Max over them in most instances...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
with the XXX 12", does it have more SQ in a sealed compared to a ported? (is it worth it if its not accompanied by a slot vented box?)

and if so, how much of a "step down" is the level of loudness the sub can produce going from ported to sealed?...

-qs

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Aug 15 2005, 09:31 AM~3625659
with the XXX 12", does it have more SQ in a sealed compared to a ported? (is it worth it if its not accompanied by a slot vented box?)

and if so, how much of a "step down" is the level of loudness the sub can produce going from ported to sealed?...

-qs
Totally enclosure dependant.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Aug 15 2005, 10:41 AM~3625724
so the enclosure built by awash and 1ofa is basically the best way to go to get the most out of the sub?

-qs
a sealed enclosure is gonna give you more low end output..and most likely a flatter curve then the box specs RE gives for the normal [email protected]

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Aug 15 2005, 05:31 PM~3627877
i had mine in 1 cube and sounded a LOT better then in the ported box.
i think my girlfriend is finally gonna let me impregnate her car with a system, and i've been having my eye on the XXX eversince 1ofaknd posted pics of his box build up... my truck is basically finished, and im very happy with the overall system (redtop batt, coaxils, and sub is kicker, amplifiers are both power acoustik, panansonic HU)...i wish i could have ran a different sub and maybe some comps, but i didnt want subs in the bed, and the cvr's mounting depth was perfect for the space i had...(i build the system so everything fit with everything, and nothing overwelmed anything else, everything is level)

her car will be my 3rd "bumper to bumper" system build up...im really aiming at sound quality so thats why i was thinking sealed...

1OFAKND, your saying that your 12" performed better in the 1cubed as far as sound quality was concerned right?

did you build the box to re-specs, or did you use a different box blue print?

im thinking her entire system will consist of (optima redtop, panasonic HU, polk-audio components for front and back, im tied between going directed or crossfire for the amp to components, and not sure on what amp to go with for the sub)

-qs

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Aug 15 2005, 07:22 PM~3628589
it wasn't quite as loud..but yea, i thought it sounded better.

and you won't be getting a xxx anytime soon, unless you find a used one or one from a dealer.

RE is comming out with the new line of XXX right??? thats fine, it gives me time to piece everything else together, i like to do the installs all on the same day instead of installing the comps today, then the sub next week, etc...

-qs

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Aug 15 2005, 07:53 PM~3629184
RE is comming out with the new line of XXX right??? thats fine, it gives me time to piece everything else together, i like to do the installs all on the same day instead of installing the comps today, then the sub next week, etc...

-qs
yea..it'll be several months before they even know when they will be ready.

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Aug 16 2005, 09:11 PM~3639078
thats fine, it'll take me several months to set aside about $1700...
-qs
lol.

i called up ready to buy some 15's...had the 900 extra in the bank JUST for it too. but of course i can't save for shit so it's long been spent already, lol.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Originally posted by STHPW3305@Aug 17 2005, 10:04 PM~3645120
Where an you get them from I've been on every website rying to find a pair of 12's.
You have to call them and find out if there is a dealer in your area. If not you will have to order one from them direct. If your lookin for the XXX's your gonna be outta luck....... Like 1ofakind said, they are being revamped and wont be available for several months.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts