LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has used these bags?
how do they compare to the Dominator 2500s?
higher lock up? lower lock up? any other major differences?

blew a Dominator and im trying the Slams now

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
i like them. they dont ballon when inflated so they extend pretty high,and they give you a nice smooth ride.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awsome, i cant believe i blew a fucking dominator, i road on them everyday for a month, im rollin locked up in the front at 15mph and PSSSHSHHH!! the front ride side drops....pieces of shit

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had never looked into the bags themselves very closely,
i saw those XS or whatever, they are like 140 a piece dual ports...
later down the road ill probably get some of those
how do dual ports work? do you have two lines filling the bag or one line filling and it dumps directly at the bag?

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Originally posted by Lo_N_Lavish@Nov 13 2008, 08:22 AM~12143627
i had never looked into the bags themselves very closely,
i saw those XS or whatever, they are like 140 a piece dual ports...
later down the road ill probably get some of those
how do dual ports work? do you have two lines filling the bag or one line filling and it dumps directly at the bag?
you can have 2 fills going to the bag with one having a dump valve t'd in. or use it as one port fill valve and the other hooked to a dump valve. or be lazy like me and run one line and say fuck it and plug the other hole

·
Registered
320 Posts
I ve been running RE 7s for about 2 yrs and not 1 problem. no balloning and with an internal bump stop the bag wont damage its self from the inside.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by Lo_N_Lavish@Nov 12 2008, 09:02 PM~12139498
awsome, i cant believe i blew a fucking dominator, i road on them everyday for a month, im rollin locked up in the front at 15mph and PSSSHSHHH!! the front ride side drops....pieces of shit

Ouch! What happened, did the bag rub? If it is a defect in the bag I can replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by [email protected] Lift@Nov 13 2008, 04:44 PM~12147724
Ouch!  What happened, did the bag rub?  If it is a defect in the bag I can replace it under warranty.
thats the thing, i think its defective, im pulling it out tomorrow or sunday to get a good look at it but i doubt it pinched or rubbed otherwise the other side would have had a prob too , the car wasnt slammed or anything and had been parked locked up all day so its not like it got pinched and slowly lost air, i was rollin at 15mph and PSSSH the bag was blown. it wont hold any pressure at all.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by Lo_N_Lavish@Nov 14 2008, 08:23 AM~12154211
thats the thing, i think its defective, im pulling it out tomorrow or sunday to get a good look at it but i doubt it pinched or rubbed otherwise the other side would have had a prob too , the car wasnt slammed or anything and had been parked locked up all day so its not like it got pinched and slowly lost air, i was rollin at 15mph and PSSSH the bag was blown. it wont hold any pressure at all.

Let me know and I will get you a replacement bag

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
IVE RAN ALMOST ALL MY VEHICLES WITH SLAM SPECIALTIES RE IN THE REAR AND THE DUAL PORTS IN THE FRONT NEVER HAD A PROBLEM , NEVER HAD TO TRIM NOTHING TO FIT THEM IN MY RIDE.. GOOD SMOOTH RIDE , NO SHOCKS AND LAYS FRAME AND LIFTS LIKE 6" ABOVE MY TIRES ,FRONT AND REAR AND IM RUNING 17'' RIMS

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I just put in sum RE6's in my MC (replaced my firestones with the slams) and BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!! Smoother ride, not that spongey feel, Dont even need the shocks in the front....less air needed to lift.... I did trim trim the spring pocket but they work badass..... Ill stay with slams as long as im runnin air.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Originally posted by bigmike64@Nov 16 2008, 02:27 AM~12169601
I just put in sum RE6's in my MC (replaced my firestones with the slams) and BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!! Smoother ride, not that spongey feel, Dont even need the shocks in the front....less air needed to lift.... I did trim trim the spring pocket but they work badass..... Ill stay with slams as long as im runnin air.

less air but more psi right? cause i got 7's in the rear and 6's up front and the front wont budge untill i hit 120psi if im at 200psi shit launches like a cashew off my dick

·
Registered
195 Posts
You cannot go past Slams for reliability and ride quality
They are a true 200 psi bag
Internal bump stops so there is no pinch point when laid out

All the others try to be what Slams are but they will never come close to the technology put into these bags

Look out for their new SS bags being released soon
The end plates are composite now
Made from the same material as the internal bump stops
Lighter than the regular RE's with all the great features still

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i figured out the issue with the dominators,
over time as they were ballooned up they rubbed the inner spring pocket,
causing one of the bags to blow, and one of them about too.

so it wasnt a problem with the bag itself.

im gonna replace them with the re7s cause they dont baloon out as much when inflated

1 - 20 of 23 Posts