LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been browsing your forum for a few hours now trying to learn more about air suspension...

I want to put airbags on my 96 civic.. what all do I need to do the airride? I don't want to do anything fancy really, just up and down, front, rear, side/side... my friend told me to go with a 3gal tnak... and a camber kit will be really useful.. anything else I should know about? I tried looking for tutorials, but couldn't find any..

I've been into car audio heavily for 2 years, so I have the power and everything ran in the back (1/0ga and an optima yellow top)

and how much would this run me? I'm not planning on doing it until late spring/early summer 04.. I just want to be ready for it when the time comes..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant air cylinders... hahaha.. if you couldn't tell by that post that I'm a noob when it comes to suspension... wow...

it's been a long day..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can tell you right now you won't be able to drive a bagged vehicle in the winter. In my experiences the vavles like to freeze up when it's hella cold. I had took my low in for paint in the winter and had to hold a hair dryer to mine for like a half hour just to get them to work. Pain in the ass.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BeerMonkey... what part of PA? I'm about 45 min north of Pitts right now...

what if I set my car the height I want it before winter and just leave it there? would I be fine then?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Originally posted by Mac2118@Oct 8 2003, 01:07 PM
BeerMonkey... what part of PA? I'm about 45 min north of Pitts right now...

what if I set my car the height I want it before winter and just leave it there? would I be fine then?
If you dont have any leaks. Plus the air that was once heated may compress more when it gets colder out. But you could always take it into your garage het the valves up and then set it the way you want it.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
homie,

air bags might not fit in your struts for your civic, it can be done with but you would need to cut too much of the tower to do so. if you want to still do this, they sell prefabbed kitted struts with bags.

you will be better of sliding and air cylinder in your strut or going with air strut. on the rear suspension go with air rods.

like i said you could go the airbag route, but civics do not have enough weight and the ride is a soft and bouncy.

i'm about to do an airstrut/rod setup on a 94-98 accord.

if you need help let me know.

:),

cc

·
Registered
455 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Oct 8 2003, 01:12 PM
I'm in NE Jerzey. Y'all heading to Droptober Fest this Saturday? I was thinking of going, but it's supposed to rain.

Cheers,
Jeff
yeah im goin to droptoberfest.i hope it doesnt rain,it did last year and i just sat in my car all day and played playstation, it really sucked.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Oct 8 2003, 01:12 PM
I'm in NE Jerzey.  Y'all heading to Droptober Fest this Saturday?  I was thinking of going, but it's supposed to rain.

Cheers,
Jeff
yeah im goin to droptoberfest.but isnt it next saturday like the 17th or something?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts