LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10 switch box and just got my switch extensions and the two switches that have 6 prongs the extensions fit perfectly over but the rest that have a slightly smaller switch they sit really loosely on and fall off if you turn it slightly over. Someone told me to use electrical tape to fatten up the switches but when try this and try and put the extension on the tape slides down and the extension wont fit all the way down. Thought about gluing them but dont want the glue to drip down and dry on the switch and not be able to move the switch. Need help please....any input is appreciated. Sorry for the novel......

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I can't wait to hear what others have to say about this. I have the same problem. I bought the 10 switch box from suicide doors. I ordered the extensions from E-bay. The front two fit great the rest are sloppier than Dan's ex-girlfriend.

- Brad

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by b_diddy1@Sep 13 2005, 07:35 PM~3808491
I can't wait to hear what others have to say about this. I have the same problem. I bought the 10 switch box from suicide doors. I ordered the extensions from E-bay. The front two fit great the rest are sloppier than Dan's ex-girlfriend.

- Brad

lol, yup, well see.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go to Wal-Mart and buy one the $.99 hot glue guns and a bag of glue sticks and use that! I havent done it, but I use hot glue in a bunch of other hobbies and would bet it is the perfect solution! Let me know how it goes!

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
i wrapped electrical tape around the shaft (man I feel gay just saying that) of the switch, just 2 or 3 turns, then pressed the extension on. But now I'm a baller and I bought the ones with set screws in them :biggrin:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I got some for sale too, 8 bucks each though, chrome, anodized, jewel tip, plain tip....

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
dont put glue on them itll just get on the switch and then it wont move, my box is from cce and the switch extensions fit right on :biggrin:

·
Registered
24 Posts
get some with set screws! You can also get a nice heavy straw, not a cheapo mcdonalds straw, and cut it down to fit, the slide it over the switch, then put the extention on. I've heard of a couple people doing that.

·
Registered
225 Posts
a few spots of hot glue down the switch ext. works great. after its on, just clean the excess with a knife after its cooled, or remove while still hot with a shop towel.... it works great.

·
Registered
10,194 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 13 2005, 07:04 PM~3808741
i wrapped electrical tape around the shaft (man I feel gay just saying that) of the switch, just 2 or 3 turns, then pressed the extension on.  But now I'm a baller and I bought the ones with set screws in them  :biggrin:
LOL i did the same thing!! It works really well and they keep tight!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I'm with Dan, elctricle tape the switch, and push the extension on. works good for me. I own too much to be a baller Big Dan. I bought the cheapos, 10 for $10 off ebay. they work though.

Later..

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i tried the tape though and it just keeps sliding down when I try and put the switch extendor on, maybe too much tape....ill fuck with it when I got back from vacation.....

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
heat the tip of the extention with a lighter, pinch the end a lil and slip it over

1 - 18 of 18 Posts