LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 caprice and I know this isnt air related although it has air..... when I make left hand turns it sounds like my wheel is going to snap off... when I shake my car my drum is really loose on the rear axel... it feels like the wheel is going to come out does anyone know what this could be? I checked lug nuts and they are snug as possible and the drum seems like it still has a lot of play....

if you could helpo i wold appreciate it

thanks

Eric

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I'm not super familiar with that car but it sounds to be a loose bearing. I dont know where or what type bearing is back there, but I imagine its some type of drive axle bearing... that might help a little

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot... I will let you know what it looks like when I take it apart tommorrow. I am just not looking forward to it because I here its a lot of stuff in there and that I should replace all the bearings on both sides?

thanks
eric

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
now when it wiggles is it up and down like it's loose in there

or is it a wobble like you can actualy grap opposite ends of the drum and wiggle then back and forth

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the play seems like its like in and out play like push and pull on the brake. I think I may have found the problem there was something floating inside my brake on one side thats not on the other sideseems like a tool was left in there by a mechanic perhaps... I am putting it back to gether and seeing if it fixed the problem

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts