LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Rear Axel Play

490 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  joebomber52 
#1 ·
I have a 93 caprice and I know this isnt air related although it has air..... when I make left hand turns it sounds like my wheel is going to snap off... when I shake my car my drum is really loose on the rear axel... it feels like the wheel is going to come out does anyone know what this could be? I checked lug nuts and they are snug as possible and the drum seems like it still has a lot of play....

if you could helpo i wold appreciate it

thanks

Eric

#3 ·
I'm not super familiar with that car but it sounds to be a loose bearing. I dont know where or what type bearing is back there, but I imagine its some type of drive axle bearing... that might help a little

#6 ·
the play seems like its like in and out play like push and pull on the brake. I think I may have found the problem there was something floating inside my brake on one side thats not on the other sideseems like a tool was left in there by a mechanic perhaps... I am putting it back to gether and seeing if it fixed the problem

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.