LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last two weeks I've developed a rear brake problem that is kinda weird. When you come to a complete stop and the brake pedal is depressed kind of far when you let your foot off the brake sometimes in the rear its like the drum isn't released fully and then it releases. Like all others release but the rear right corner wheel and then it breaks free when you start to move. In addition to this the brakes are sometimes touchy.....in that when coming to a stop it seems as if the rear right wheel grabs before the other wheels do....and exhibits a sort of jerking motion when coming to a stop or braking sometimes. The only thing I can think of is from reading one of my Chilton/haynes manuals and it stating that there is a tension spring on the drum assembly that should be replaced when replacing the shoes because it can loose it "spring" or tension over time. This sounds like a culprit b/c if it has then the drum shoe is either to close to the drum and engaging before all other wheels or when I let off the brake the tension isn't strong enough to return the shoe to its correct position. I havent' had time yet to get her up and check her out..but does this sound familar to anyone or seem as if it may be the culprit.
Thanks inadvance,
Chris S. Hill

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
my car pulls a little stop when i stop i just think its because i have juice but maybe the spring in the drum isnt letting go in your case

i dont no

·
1976 CAPRICE
18,447 Posts
;) POP OFF THE DRUMS AND HIT THEM WITH SOME BRAKE CLEAN....

:cool: IF YOU STILL HAVE PROBLEMS CHECK THE EMER. CABLE FOR BINDING....OR THE WHEEL CYLINDER ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by harborareaPhil@Dec 27 2003, 12:39 AM
;) POP OFF THE DRUMS AND HIT THEM WITH SOME BRAKE CLEAN....

:cool: IF YOU STILL HAVE PROBLEMS CHECK THE EMER. CABLE FOR BINDING....OR THE WHEEL CYLINDER ;)
yeah check the emergency/parking brake cable. when i got my caddy inspected the fucker pressed it in too far and fuckin seized it, do you beleive that the sonofabitch failed me too!! i had the change the cable because it wasn't disengaging anymore. Also loosen up the pre load on the shoes that might do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts