LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just kind of wanting to know how the spring is mounted on the top. i got the power ball part and the reverse deep cups but what is keeping the cylinder from dropping out of the hole when hopping the rear? last time i built one it was coil on axle. been out of the game too long!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the chains keep the rear from going farther than the cylinders are long so it maintains some pressure on the springs the keep the cylinder tight in the mounts?

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
The cylinders just slide up through the holes you cut in the rear. I have never had a problem with them falling out, because there is almost always pressure holding them in, I mean when you hop then your cylinder is extended and there is still pressure on the spring. Am I making sense, I hate mornings.

Also even if there was enough play where they could just fall out when its in the air, you got your hoses and fittings that would have to fall down through the hole.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Dec 15 2003, 08:47 AM
they use longer cylinders, and chains to stop the travel
Yeah I can see where cylinder size could make a difference too, I have never run anything smaller than a 10 in the rear of anything.

But for everyday use you shouldnt have to chain it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what im afraid of if i dont use chains, the cylinder would try and make its way through that hole and break of my fittings or pinch and break my hardlines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts