LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a problem with my setup the rear end is not lifting when I hit the switch. It moves a little but thats it. So does anybody have an idea of whats going on? could it be solenoids, oil or a motor problem. :uh:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Check your oil levels bro. If it is moving but not that much that would be my guess.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
is the motor making any noise?

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
is your switch box connected ??? :cheesy:

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
still got factory shocks?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
sounds like pump seal/ unless it is grinding then simply add oil.....and make sure the car is lowered first

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Sep 11 2006, 04:57 AM~6147030
sounds like pump seal/ unless it is grinding then simply add oil.....and make sure the car is lowered first
cool yeah i'll try that because its still making noise thanx

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Sep 11 2006, 04:57 AM~6147030
hey where is the pump seal located and how do you know if its bad or not. I added oil but still no lift. do the solenoids make a sound when there bad.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
its sandwiched between the pumphead annd the block,just change it ,its only a o-ring..........

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Sep 11 2006, 05:30 PM~6151954
its sandwiched  between the pumphead annd the block,just change it ,its only a o-ring..........
ey sorry man dont mean to sound like a total idiot but can you tell me where the pump head and the block are. I looked for some diagrams but i couldnt find any. Also do the solenoids make any noise when there bad and can i find the oring at any auto parts store. hey thanks for the help i really need it. Peace!

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
Originally posted by chepe v@Sep 11 2006, 07:49 PM~6152512
ey sorry man dont mean to sound like a total idiot but can you tell me where the pump head and the block are. I looked for some diagrams but i couldnt find any. Also do the solenoids make any noise when there bad and can i find the oring at any auto parts store. hey thanks for the help i really need it. Peace!
aye niño :uh: .....check it out homie.....
since your new...i'll brief you....first things first....DISCONNECT YOUR GROUND!
take your pump out...if you dont know how to do that your in trouble! (disconnect your hoses'....un bolt the nut your dump, take the BLACK cartriage off, take off your power wire on your motor, two bolts underneath, presto blamo pumps unbolted)......take off the screws that hold your tank to your block (4 bolts)...witha screw driver, wedge it between your block and tank and'll pop off..CAREFUL!...lots of oil....your pump head is that octogon shaped shit attached to your block...unbolt it and then you can take it apart to check your seals....even alittle itty bitty tear can make a world of difference....make sure you remember your steps.....dont fuck up and forget how to put it back together...aight?......hope it helps.....OH AND MAKE SURE YOUR CAR IS DUMPED BEFORE TRYIN TO TAKE OUT YOUR PUMP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by IN YA MOUF@Sep 11 2006, 07:34 PM~6152878
aye niño :uh: .....check it out homie.....
since your new...i'll brief you....first things first....DISCONNECT YOUR GROUND!
take your pump out...if you dont know how to do that your in trouble! (disconnect your hoses'....un bolt the nut your dump, take the BLACK cartriage off, take off your power wire on your motor, two bolts underneath, presto blamo pumps unbolted)......take off the screws that hold your tank to your block (4 bolts)...witha screw driver, wedge it between your block and tank and'll pop off..CAREFUL!...lots of oil....your pump head is that octogon shaped  shit attached to your block...unbolt it and then you can take it apart to check your seals....even alittle itty bitty tear can make a world of difference....make sure you remember your steps.....dont fuck up and forget how to put it back together...aight?......hope it helps.....OH AND MAKE SURE YOUR CAR IS DUMPED BEFORE TRYIN TO TAKE OUT YOUR PUMP!!!!!!!
ey thanks for the step by step man. really helps. I'll try it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts