LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
I'm buying a 89 S10 Blazer 2WD and the dude is installing the hydros on the leaf springs, my question is: does that effect over all height, and overall 'drop' i will get,? the truck was already dropped 6" in back before the dros so it's been C-notched and shyt. but i don't understand how the leaf springs like strech when the cylenders lift and lower the truck, how's it work?

anyone have any pics of there leaf springed s10/s10 blazers juiced UP and Down ?

Not whoring yer thread, I'm also interested in this :biggrin:

Last edited by SDimeBlazin at Dec 23 2003, 03:04 PM

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was told that when you run hydros on your leaf springs that you run the chance of snapping them. Since they are'nt meant to take that kind of pressure. But thats just what I was told....Either way I would go with a 4 link or 3 link just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
382 Posts
yea runnin juice with leaf springs isnt a good idea i snapped 2 pair before i decided to go with a 4 link setup ill post pic of my setup l8a

·
Registered
325 Posts
my leaf springs didnt break untill they got bent the opposite of how they normally bend when i dropped it all the way down untill then they worked good. id got with a 3 or 4 link to though. the cylinders mounted onto the leaf springs is not the way to go atleast mount them on the axle, the mounts on the outside of the frame with the leaf spring mounted cylinders wear hella bad on the cylinders ive seen some that looked like they were cunt hairs from going through the cylinders completely

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
what about on a simple 1 pump setup w/ only 8" cylenders? will my Leaf springs be okay ? I mean 8" isn't too bad on them, is it? it wont be a hopper, dancer or show peice, just for adjustable ride height- i'm saving up for my towncar so all i need is a basic first setup and will usualy be at normal height- you think i'll be okay for a while?

Explain 3 - 4 links, I've heard of them, I've seen the peices but how do they work and why would i need one? The dude is using a similar method as listed on this site, u think it will be okay in all honesty?

thanks,
mike

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57+Dec 24 2003, 11:09 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timdog57 @ Dec 24 2003, 11:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--S-DimeHiLo@Dec 23 2003, 01:40 PM
heres my s-10

:biggrin:[/b][/quote]
i may use this for a year, on my s-10 :biggrin:

·
Registered
473 Posts
The rear of mine is done with 14s on the axle with powerballs... originally i had them on the leafs, like on the side of the frame, but its better on the axle. I will get some pics of the rear tomorrow, and oo yea if your doing a Blazer, you should see the pumps in the back window of mine, It looks really good.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Jan 9 2004, 05:56 PM
whose truck is what?? the one under my post is mine
damn, the ass of that thing looks pretty cool....
you have any better pics of the rear end reinforcement?

also, that looks like a bad ass 3 its pulling in that pic!

·
Registered
382 Posts
ill get you some more pix tomarrow yea it pulls a nice 3 i havent had ne one around me top it yet but i also havent been to lowrider nights yet and i bet there is ome pple that will beat me so i dont think mine is high enough.

btw dan i was wonderin if i shoulda replyed on that one cuz i figured you was goin to make fun of me like you do everyone else...ive figured its been comin

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Jan 9 2004, 06:08 PM
ill get you some more pix tomarrow yea it pulls a nice 3 i havent had ne one around me top it yet but i also havent been to lowrider nights yet and i bet there is ome pple that will beat me so i dont think mine is high enough.

btw dan i was wonderin if i shoulda replyed on that one cuz i figured you was goin to make fun of me like you do everyone else...ive figured its been comin
I dont make fun of everyone

just people who deserve it ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
holy shit i was wonderin if it was goin to be a double but hey i gotta triple post out of that one dam shit kept sayin site not responding..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts