LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my homie has an 80's cadillac baged an the rear end sways side 2 side on the hi-way. u notice when your driven behind his caddy. what wud cuase this an how do i stop it.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Bad bushings?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its got slam 7's in the rear but about to upgrade to slam 8's. it does not have shocks> that what i those mite help a little bit but wasnt sure

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Ahh another kansan :biggrin:

Yeah i'd throw some shocks back in there. Especially that big of a car.

Them bags are pretty stiff but you'll still need something to control the "Roll" from back and forth.

Might have to take some measurement's from locked up/down see if the factory's will work.If not might try some off a full size chevy.Most fellas i've talked to have good luck w/ them.Or if you have to relocate the factory mounting.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes sir KANSAS roller, yeah i can just take measurements an finds a shock that fits. i hope it elimanates the problem. its not a problem to relocate the mounts. should i move the mounts in a new location?

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_620@Feb 28 2010, 11:27 PM~16755956
yes sir KANSAS roller, yeah i can just take measurements an finds a shock that fits. i hope it elimanates the problem. its not a problem to relocate the mounts. should i move the mounts in a new location?
If you dont have to i wouldn't (moving the shocks).Just put them 8's in and see what you have with it up/ down.See if some factory ones would work,just make sure you dont over extend them.

As long as the shocks are not binding up or in the way of anything at all i'd keep in factory location.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It will be alittle while before I get 2 this car but I will be posting updated pics hopfully wit a edc, custom centor consolen and redoin the set up. Thanx for da info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts