LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if somebody could help me out with my boys bike we're trying to do hydraulics in the rear of a trike but I can't figure out how to do it I want to know if anyone's got any pics that I can see so I can get some ideas weather with a straight axle or independent it doesn't matter thanks

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
06 impala frame swap is needed.
I tried the frame swap, 2 times and did not work evan tried cutting the bike frame open for hidden rust and that also did not help. Thanks for the suggestion

·
Banned
23 Posts
Hydraulic drive for trike.?

I am in the (long term) process of rebuilding my tricycle recumbent bike (a tadpole configuration). At present it has the usual long chain driving the rear wheel.I would like to do away with the long chain for several reasons and am toying with the idea of using a hydraulic drive.Cylinders at front and rear with the front driven by my feet and the rear driving a standard pedal set with the normal short chain/gear set - in face the rear frame of a standard bike with the hydraulics rams in place of my legs..I can't find anywhere that this has been done and this worries me as generally what can be done is done.In metal weight would be a problem but I hope to be able to machine the rams in plastic tubing giving me a light energy transfer from front to back.Hopefully it will be electric assist as well but that is another matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts