LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ihave a 1991 zu lowerd and used 3 inch blocks and removed 2 leafs from the rear leaf spring it is low and looks great the problem is the bumps stops on the frame are resting on the rear end i know this cant be good it also rides ruff what would u expiernced do the frame is bout 31/2 inches off the ground

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
notch it so that the axel has clearance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
foey Posted Yesterday, 05:37 AM
  notch it so that the axel has clearance.

yes, notch it . if you don't want to cut completely through the frame or do any welding, then the simple bolt on "c" notch should do the trick. something like this....

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Originally posted by 1991zu@Aug 23 2006, 02:31 AM~6023252
ihave a 1991 zu lowerd and used 3 inch blocks and removed 2 leafs from the rear leaf spring it is low and looks great the problem is the bumps stops on the frame are resting on the rear end i know this cant be good it also rides ruff what would u expiernced do  the frame is bout 31/2 inches off the ground
Is it bagged? With a 3 inch block and taking out 2 leafs, I wonder if it can still support the weight of the truck unless it has bags. If thats the case putting in a notch would just drop it more until something else hits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where could you buy this knotch and how could i test if it would hold its on wait it is not bagged

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by nyccustomizer@Aug 24 2006, 10:10 PM~6037784
Is it bagged?  With a 3 inch block and taking out 2 leafs, I wonder if it can still support the weight of the truck unless it has bags.  If thats the case putting in a notch would just drop it more until something else hits.
mine held pretty well when I took out 2 leafs and had it lowered on 4" blox. Although, through time, the leafs started to loose their strength, but I'm bagged now so I pretty much don't worry about that, just if they can keep my axel from jiggling all over the place like hell or not.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
cut the whole bump stop and anything related to it all the way off. (dont do any damage to the frame or axle of course. all you really need is a square of rubber on the bottom of your frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts