LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in putting new speakers at the OE Speaker locations for my 61 Impala.
What have people done? What is the biggest size that a speaker can fit underneath the front dash? Do you need some sort of bracket to hold up the front speaker?

For the rear seat speaker, What size fits in there? I heard that the OE size was a 5 inch. Can a 5.25 inch fit in as well? Is there any modifications that need to be made in order for the rear speaker to fit, or does it screw right in.

Where can I buy these new speakers at?

Is a DVC speaker better than two small speakers together?

Gracias.

·
Premium Member
15,658 Posts
Originally posted by Cultura@Feb 9 2010, 09:37 PM~16568377
I am interested in putting new speakers at the OE Speaker locations for my 61 Impala.
What have people done? What is the biggest size that a speaker can fit underneath the front dash? Do you need some sort of bracket to hold up the front speaker?

For the rear seat speaker, What size fits in there? I heard that the OE size was a 5 inch. Can a 5.25 inch fit in as well? Is there any modifications that need to be made in order for the rear speaker to fit, or does it screw right in.

Where can I buy these new speakers at?

Is a DVC speaker better than two small speakers together?

Gracias.
I DID THE A JL AUDIO 6.5 IN IN THE DASH AND THE SAME JL 6.5 IN THE REAR SPEAKER, HERE ARE SOME PICTURES TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF HOW THEY MOUNT.

UNDER DASH SPEAKER.

REAR SPEAKER GRILL.

YOU CAN USE ANY BRAND OF 6.5 AND EBAY IS A GOOD PLACE TO START. HOPE THIS HELP MAN. :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts