LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this new 6"by9" rear speakers and i connected them but 1 of the left rear did not work. the old speakers had sensors on it so i took them off and sawdered them to the new ones and the right rear works good but the other doesnt and i switched the sensor both ways and nothing. the wire codding for both speakers are different. the right wires are yellow and red or orange i dont remember and the left are black and green. any suggestions

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Originally posted by SantaneroX3@Oct 3 2007, 03:23 PM~8926004
i got this new 6"by9" rear speakers and i connected them but 1 of the left rear did not work. the old speakers had sensors on it so i took them off and sawdered them to the new ones and the right rear works good but the other doesnt and i switched the sensor both ways and nothing. the wire codding for both speakers are different. the right wires are yellow and red or orange i dont remember and the left are black and green. any suggestions
yea, buy an amp and you wont have to use the stock wiring!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
them big bodys (and most newer cars) have factory amps that need to be bypassed if your puttin a system in. not sure if your doin a system or JUST 6x9's but your better off running a whole new set of speaker wires from the radio to the back dash. in my 93 fleetwood we had to run a whole new wiring harness to put 2 12's in. maybe we didnt HAVE to do it, but its alot easier than tryin to bypass the amp and all that factory wiring

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i have a 97 deville,
honestly the best move is to redo the whole shit, run all new wires through it, because with these GMs all the stuff is built to work only with stock (atleast in my experience) im pretty sure u need a special harness, but i may be wrong. i know my 97 had to have a special ordered one. i replaced my fronts, and i had my backs replaced with 6x9s too, and i have 2 12s. just take out all the old wire and run the new wire from the corner of the back seat under the little carpet clips up behind the dash and into the deck. theres not much sense n buying nice new speakers if your not going to feed them right. :cool: :cool: :cool: good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
simon i know what u vatos mean. i had my stereo put in and i had to run wires from the rear in the trunk all the way to the front but i couldnt do it cuz i didnt know that shit so i took some where else and they said my stereo was in the back and they had to do that shit so i might just have to replace all the wires cuz im planning on putting an amp and some subs later on pero thankz for the replies homiez

1 - 5 of 5 Posts