LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has this ever been done by a hi-caliber type of vehicle. i dont remember seeing rear wheel steering on a lowrider, someone refresh my memory...

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
i think he means on a lowrider.....like as a modification

·
Registered
323 Posts
besides my lowrider i also own a 93 infinity j30T, it has rear steering but only under hard cornering,but it all runs off of the power steering pump.it's a crazy setup but not sure how much of a bitch it would be to swap to a lowrider. but the "T" cars (touring) are the only ones with this option.

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Aug 3 2005, 07:39 AM
I remember LRM featured a Blazer with a four wheel steering setup, like the ones monster trucks have.  All chrome too, pretty busy undercarriage
[snapback]3533134[/snapback]​

yeah that truck was from arizona it was grey ...and had a gorrila dunking a basketball

amd also thst susuki from texas i think called circus something that had rear sterring ...

:cool:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
havent seen one on a low, but back when i was modfiying fourwheel drives that was a reasonably common thing on trail only rigs.
literally cut the steering knuckles off a front diff from a straight axle 4x4 (chevy, ford pickups etc) and graft them onto the rear axle tube, the drag link is then connected to mini hydraulic ram which is operated from switch inside. You have to also install lockout pins so the rear doesnt sway around.

i will try and find some pics and post them up

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The truck was from Arizona, silver and purple Phoenix Suns themed I believe, the Texas one was a radical samuri sidekick fron El Paso called Cycho Circus from Estilo owned by Robert Rios it had some clean crazy wierd murals all over it . I personaly NEVER SAW IT RUN OR TURN ON ITS OWN, maybe that is why it was a canceled project...

·
Registered
628 Posts
THE SUZUKY SAMURY WAS FROM EL PASO AND IT WAS CALLED FREAK SHOW IT HAD REAR STEARING,AND IT RUN HE QUALIFIED IT IN ALBUQUERQUE .IT WAS NEVER A CANCELED PROJECT AFTER THE SUPER SHOW HE RE DID IT AND SOLD IT BEFORE HE COULD SHOW IT AGAIN.ITS SOMEWHERE IN NEW MEXICO NOW.JUST LIKE HIS DUALLY THE HO TRAIN SOLD IT TOO. :cool:

·
Registered
913 Posts
i had a 89 honda prelude... that had the rear steering. putting that on a lo lo would be something to see!

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Originally posted by HUEY HEFNER@Aug 3 2005, 03:37 PM~3536102

amd also thst susuki from texas i think called circus something that had rear sterring ...
:cool:
yeah,,wasnt that one called ''FREAK SHOW''?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts