LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317513

a friend of mine wants to do the same thing to his 46 ford to make it ride better. and think it looks like a lot of unessary work , i would just bridge the frame with c channel and buy a universal 4 link kit and buy some spring cups from somebody. i think it would be a lot easier. the car in question is prolly gonna run stock springs from the doner car weather he does this or goes with the c channel...opinions?

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
man i dont understand those guys. its like they want it to look likeit came that way, when it obviously didnt. I would just fab your own instead of splicing in spring pockets from another car...

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 4 2009, 06:14 PM~12604555
man i dont understand those guys. its like they want it to look likeit came that way, when it obviously didnt. I would just fab your own instead of splicing in spring pockets from another car...
the doner car is my 87 fleetwood. doing it that way i bet it would ride good as fuck but like i said i think u can get the same result with a lot less work

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
i dont see why you couldnt just cut out the rear spring pockets and weld them into place without having to cut out the whole rear of the frame...hell you could make ur own spring pockets using some 8 inch wide pipe and probably look even better then all that extra work

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by budgetblueoval@Jan 5 2009, 12:25 AM~12608290
they did the whole frame to the could use the factory control arms and rear end and everytihing

guess it boils down to what you really want to do...u can go the easy route or the hard route..but will u acheive what u want in doing 1 way or the other

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by budgetblueoval@Jan 5 2009, 01:30 AM~12608764
spoken like one of the 3 wise men

well 1 out of 3 aint bad lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts