LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a 55 chevy truck should i run trailing arms with power balls on them or run the cylinders right on the axle housing? anyone got some pics of a similar set up? i got one from a cutty also whould this work as like a 3 link to keep the readend from moving to far forward in lockup?

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
what do u wanna be able to do f/b/s/s 3 wheel i got a 67 chevy pickup i was gonna go with a coil-over setup but i kinda wanna give it a clean show look show im gonna just do chrome coil-under on the axle its my cruzer im only runnin 4 batts in it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Originally posted by 81low@Jul 27 2005, 01:04 AM
what do u wanna be able to do f/b/s/s 3 wheel i got a 67 chevy pickup i was gonna go with a coil-over setup but i kinda wanna give it a clean show look show im gonna just do chrome coil-under on the axle its my cruzer im only runnin 4 batts in it.
[snapback]3488354[/snapback]​
sorry it's late i meant SO

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wanna do f/b/s/s 3 wheel every thing not so serious on hoppin but u know how it goes... im just wondering if the pick i showed would work on a 55 chevy also...?

·
Registered
709 Posts
doesnt that year have leaf springs in the rear. you could make trailimg arms out of square tubing and you could run power balls on it but its gonna be a mean lift instead of runnin a 3link try a reverse 4 because when u got to lay out your truck with the 3 link the tire might rub your fender.

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by Lo-Low-63@Jul 27 2005, 01:59 AM
is that a reverse 4?
[snapback]3488477[/snapback]​
NAW IT'S STANDARD.....YOUR TRUCK HAS LEAFS.....WITH SOME FABRICATION YOU CAN CONVERT TO A 3-LINK OR 4-LINK
FOR THE CYLINDER...PUSH DOWN ON THE AXLE...BUT REINFORCE SOME OF THE REAR FRAME

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i plan on reinforceing the whole frame and notching the rear so what does a reverse 4 look like? or you have a pick of a setup similar to what im lookin for?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
dont a a reverse 4 link if you like to drive the truck alot. when you are brakeing it actually unloads the tires. you have the space to do a triangulated 4-link so i would do that. its the best design.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
say no toreverse 4 links

do a nice triangulated 4 link like swingin80lincoln said

or evan a wishbone up top and parallel links on bottom

and run the cylinders on the trailing arms not the axel
how high of a lock up do you plan to have in the rear?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not really sure of the lock up heigth not gonna be used for hoppin so not really sure anyone got a pic of a triangulated 4 link? thanks
mike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts