LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don;t know how many of you visit other forums, but theres a kid from pittsburgh who has found a way to capture his waste air and blow it back in to the york

http://www.theboostairsystem.com/

if you watch the video, he's filling a 12 gallon from 120-200 in abotu 15 seconds
absolutely amazing

hydro's r old school

with this shit, you could clown on ANYONE

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
What is this? Does it just take the high pressure air from the dump valves and feed it into the compressor's intake?

Mike

·
Registered
640 Posts
"How I see it" :around:
So the wasted air dumps through a check into a reserve tank, and when the compressor kicks on it also opens the valve on the reserve tank. There would have to be a check on the intake then a "T" and the reserve tank would work like a turbo, force feeding your compressor. I think thats how it would work...

I've got remote valves, so I'm not even going to try and plumb my dumps back to a tank then to the York,
but that video of the York plus two, is really Impressive!!! I was thinking my York could use an over-drive pulley if they made such a thing.

Ok :biggrin: , if know one can shoot holes in this I might link my front dumps to the york and tuck a little tank in the nose...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I can see how this works in principle. I had a similar idea that worked (in theory) like a mini supercharger on the York. It was simply increasing the York's volumetric efficiency, as a supercharger does with an internal combustion engine.

Mike

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by supermachine@Aug 11 2005, 03:16 PM~3594970
i don;t know how many of you visit other forums, but theres a kid from pittsburgh who has found a way to capture his waste air and blow it back in to the york

http://www.theboostairsystem.com/

if you watch the video, he's filling a 12 gallon from 120-200 in abotu 15 seconds
absolutely amazing

hydro's r old school

with this shit, you could clown on ANYONE
what's that wierd clicking in the vids? I still don't see how me does it :(

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm not 100% on all the details, but.. i did see this IN PERSON this morning it is total insanity, that mf'r pumps UNREAL fast at idle too...

·
Registered
327 Posts
What about supercharging a york? you can pick up little superchargers off japanese K cars for next to nicks at most import wreckers. we have one sitting under the house that were going to put on a morris, only runs like 8psi, would there be much of an advantage mating it up to a york?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by AirRide@Aug 20 2005, 12:20 AM~3661065
Is this shit even out yet? :(
close, doug is doing a few things here and there
there are a few set ups out on testing in diffrent s-10s. it will be no time till its done, doug only wants to pay for his patent bills..so get one :cheesy:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well I was thinking. If in this setup you have to get the exhaust of the valves, then when there is lets say 50 psi in the gallon the car wont go down as fast. Am I right? :confused:
Plus I wont have the cool PISSSSSSSSS sound anymore. And no more dust when I drop it in a dusty area :(
Maybe I should put 2 yorks and buy 4 380s and have 4 5 gallons in my trunk. Whos gonna wanna clown with that :cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by yodawagon@Aug 22 2005, 12:57 AM~3667994
nitrogen will "clown" that
Well I got a nitrogen bottle. It's nice but it only lasts like 3 mins of crazy clowning. Not much for $20 to refill. :(

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by yodawagon@Aug 21 2005, 11:57 PM~3667994
nitrogen will "clown" that
yeah ...sure. but heres the thing, its super fast and you wont be waitng near what you where. so when the bottles done its done, and also, hes been doing something to be able to use it with nitrogen, so you re use the nitrogen in a way making it last longer

·
Registered
94 Posts
dis wont work dudes. we tried it an it aint gonna happen

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont no much about this. But I do know that there is a regulator on the dump tank feeding the compressors. You cant feed the compressors to much PSI on the inlet side. but whatever PSI you do feed them helps them work faster without so much strain. THis letting them pump up faster.

Basikly it makes whatever compresors you have act like double.
I have 2 viair 450s. So they should work as fast as 4 450s.

As for the drop time slowing down. I think your dump tank should be as big as your main tnak. THis way the main tank will drain enough to kick the pressure switch back on before you get to much pressure in the dump tank.

The guy who figured this out is running two 12g tanks.

·
Asspirating Poster
3,677 Posts
Fuckin' badass. I always wondered if something like this would be possible. If you can do it with fluids (like hydros), why couldn't you do it with air?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by Syte@Aug 27 2005, 05:11 PM~3704393
Fuckin' badass. I always wondered if something like this would be possible. If you can do it with fluids (like hydros), why couldn't you do it with air?
because its two diffrent things, liquid and gas. a liquid is said to not be compressable as a gas is. so they work in a diffrent way.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts