LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Rechroming daytons without taking them apart

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Skim 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever done this and if so what was the result?

i've been thinking of doing this to an extra set i have.......i dont want to wait for the long turnaround time that Dayton has.......

post up your thoughts on this.....

my guess would be that on the hard to reach corners the nickel plating would show through and it would look cheesy......but u never know it may work??????? who knows

#2 ·
Originally posted by ALL DAY@Aug 17 2006, 02:31 PM~5988306

i've been thinking of doing this to an extra set i have.......i dont want to wait for the long turnaround time that Dayton has.......

my guess would be that on the hard to reach corners the nickel plating would show through and it would look cheesy......but u never know it may work??????? who knows
aren't Daytons stainless?

also, a 100 spoke rim has 203 parts, think about that..., it doesn't make sense to plate them all together, the entire piece won't be plated (areas of spokes that are in the nipples), also, think about where the spoke goes into the hub, there's a slight gap there, which will most likely end up with chrome between the hub and the spoke gap, which would end up cracking the chrome and causing shit to start flaking off

take it apart and do it right

#3 ·
Originally posted by 93TC_64IMP@Aug 17 2006, 04:38 PM~5988815

also, a 100 spoke rim has 203 parts, think about that..., it doesn't make sense to plate them all together, the entire piece won't be plated (areas of spokes that are in the nipples), also, think about where the spoke goes into the hub, there's a slight gap there, which will most likely end up with chrome between the hub and the spoke gap, which would end up cracking the chrome and causing shit to start flaking off

X2. NO CHROME SHOP WOULD EVEN ATTEMPT IT UNLESS THEY WERE DISASSEMBLED BECAUSE ANYTHING TO BE CHROMED HAS TO BE POLISHED FIRST.

#4 ·
Originally posted by 93TC_64IMP@Aug 17 2006, 03:38 PM~5988815

nicely put

#6 ·
Originally posted by 93TC_64IMP@Aug 17 2006, 02:38 PM~5988815

X2 :cool:

#8 ·
Originally posted by ALL DAY@Aug 17 2006, 02:31 PM~5988306

Hi G-Boyz Can do it, we take apart all type of wheels & rechrome, powder coat, & gold all the time, we also make custom car plaques, chrome parts, gold parts, and carry all type of rims

G-Boyz Custom wheels & Accessories
6635 Florence ave # 201
Bell Gardens Ca 90201
562-806-3777
562-806-0397 Fax
e-mail gboyzcustomwheels@yahoo.com

#9 ·
Originally posted by madd4321@Aug 19 2006, 11:38 AM~6000343
Hi G-Boyz Can do it, we take apart all type of wheels & rechrome, powder coat, & gold all the time, we also make custom car plaques, chrome parts, gold parts, and carry all type of rims

G-Boyz Custom wheels & Accessories
6635 Florence ave # 201
Bell Gardens Ca  90201
562-806-3777
562-806-0397 Fax
e-mail gboyzcustomwheels@yahoo.com

can you relace a 72 spoke into a new chrome dish for me?

#11 ·
Originally posted by lowlinc93@Aug 19 2006, 11:14 PM~6003161
Hey skim, can you get me a quote on some plagues?  We got a new club started and wanna come out with plagues right away.  Maybe lookin for about 10 to start. Let me know.

Contact Ernest "Blvd Aces Dtown" on the PlaQues. Never ask for a PLAGUE you wouldnt want that. :0 :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.