LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of reds intergrated pumps. Are they worth the trouble? I dont really think ill be hopping anytime soon. I just want to lowride. I already have the pumps but I havent tried them yet. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a old school styling pump, never had any problems with it. But I don't use my hydros all that much. I needed a check valve for it and thought I was screwed, cause everyone kept telling me that Red's was closed. I guess they're just reorganizing or something, cause I went down there and got what I needed.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I know a few friends of mine have reds integrated pumps, and they work fine... I have worked on my buddies, setup a few times and over the years the only problem was a dump Oring (he overlocked the rear end)

If you have an old integrated setup, and it works, why not use it...
Keep the voltage reasonable though. The most I would run on those dinosaurs is around 48V.

If they are in good working order, and you install everything right, you should be able to get some good life outta them.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
I ran 2 chrome hi-jacker integrated pumps for several years in the mid 90s, I never had a problem with them., just an occasion dump o-ring go bad. I actually wish I had those pumps back, they look a lot cleaner than your traditional pumps with external dumps :cool:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
if you look back at some old LRM's, you will notice that a lotttt of full show custom cars used integrated pumps because of the less room it takes up and there there A LOT less areas for possible leaks :cool:

Last edited by [email protected] at Oct 25 2003, 02:23 PM

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
those are good pumps, run them out the proper voltage, keep the tanks filled and they last you ages.

2 pumps in a 72 buick electra for the last 5 years.

no problems AT ALL.

:),

cc

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you the Reassurance! ;)

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
great pumps i had two never eally had any problems excepting replacing motors but thats nuthin ya know!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I HAVE THIRTEEN CHROME STYLIN' BLOCKS AND THEY LOOK HOT..THEY'RE GOING FOR $100 EACH...IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND I'LL EMAIL A PIC TO YOU

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by redsproseries@Oct 28 2003, 04:03 PM
I HAVE THIRTEEN CHROME STYLIN' BLOCKS AND THEY LOOK HOT..THEY'RE GOING FOR $100 EACH...IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND I'LL EMAIL A PIC TO YOU
give me 2 of them blocks :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by redsproseries@Oct 28 2003, 04:03 PM
those are some nice looking blocks homie, wish I had the time to work on my ride, but school is kicking my ass these days :(

·
Registered
376 Posts
Originally posted by IE_LOW_BOY@Oct 25 2003, 10:54 AM
I have a old school styling pump, never had any problems with it. But I don't use my hydros all that much. I needed a check valve for it and thought I was screwed, cause everyone kept telling me that Red's was closed. I guess they're just reorganizing or something, cause I went down there and got what I needed.
Hey, yo loboy or anyone else if you don't mind me asking where exactly is the check valve located on the styling block, and how do you get to it? I've had my intergrated pumps for bout five years now and never had any big problems. Asking just incase my check valves go bad, I didnt think they were available. I'd like to keep the set up cause it looks clean and and less bulky.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The check valve for the Stylin' blocks is underneath the dump....it is a ball-bearing and spring.....we have them in stock...so if you ever need parts or tech support, give us a call 1-800-REDS-321

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can anyone post a pic of the styling block? And please tell me where the slow vale is located?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts