LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know if anyone ever used this and if so what were the results do you recommend? How do you rate this pump I heard that they weren't selling to just anybody for liability reason but now it has been approved by reds to sell to the public. any inputs on this pump would be very helpful, thank you.

http://www.redshydros.com/home.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,968 Posts
send me one, and ill give it a consumer's report. Well give it hell and ill let you know how long it lasts LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,710 Posts
True. The pump had some liability issuses that caused the pump to be potentailly unsafe to customers. Only a few people were allowed to purchase the pump. REDS has been working on the problems and have them resolved. Now its available for sell to everyone.
I'm not sure if thats what you were looking for, to see if anyone else heard what you did or if your looking for a consumer report on it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
they just wanted to make sure they doted there I's and crossed ther T's and that it did preformed well to there standerds.the same as the pumps they were useing 10 years ago.I was one of there giney pigs. {single pump } what do youm think?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by hoppers602@Aug 20 2005, 01:54 AM~3661204
they just wanted to make sure they doted there I's and crossed ther T's and that it did preformed well to there standerds.the same as the pumps they were useing 10 years ago.I was one of there giney pigs.  {single pump } what do youm think?
Looking real good is that pic taken 10 years ago?
SO is that car using the New Max piston Pump?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 19 2005, 04:09 PM~3658132
True. The pump had some liability issuses that caused the pump to be potentailly unsafe to customers. Only a few people were allowed to purchase the pump. REDS has been working on the problems and have them resolved. Now its available for sell to everyone.
I'm not sure if thats what you were looking for, to see if anyone else heard what you did or if your looking for a consumer report on it...
Yeah I knew bout all that and the reason for not selling...too many accidents out there with aother companies piston pumps....shit who wants to be sued?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
Originally posted by hoppers602@Aug 19 2005, 11:54 PM~3661204
they just wanted to make sure they doted there I's and crossed ther T's and that it did preformed well to there standerds.the same as the pumps they were useing 10 years ago.I was one of there giney pigs.  {single pump } what do youm think?

single pump+how many batteries?


See, a piston pump helps but it doesn't do miracles in my opinion... if it gives you three-5 inches, it'll be a lot on any car. If you have a car, with over 10 batteres+added weight the mofo will be high in inches... I'm not saying the impy has added weight, but I have yet to see a piston pump give anyone over 10 inches...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Aug 23 2005, 08:41 PM~3678814
i bet a piston pump would make a hell of a mess if you blew a hose!
only if you try to hop after blowing a hose...........
or if your dump was stuck open :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Aug 23 2005, 06:41 PM~3678814
i bet a piston pump would make a hell of a mess if you blew a hose!
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
my single has 10 batts. and yea its not just the pump its the whole design of the car,but the pump helps too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Aug 23 2005, 09:44 PM~3680209
only if you try to hop after blowing a hose...........
or if your dump was stuck open :biggrin:
that's not true... the pressure behind the piston is going to empty the tank until the piston bottoms out on the pumphead... the pressure isn't in the return side, so an open or closed dump won't matter...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,670 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper@Aug 26 2005, 01:18 PM~3698063
that's not true... the pressure behind the piston is going to empty the tank until the piston bottoms out on the pumphead... the pressure isn't in the return side, so an open or closed dump won't matter...

True :biggrin:
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top