LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wuts best/easiest? switching my frame or getting it fixed. the frame i have on it right now had the front left side to the bumper pushed down. the only reason im willing to fix it is cause its got ttops and a digital dashboard. so if any one could help me out with that, also how much you think it would cost to switch the frames out

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
it will probably be easier to fix the frame on a rack, unless you got hydros and can utilize the frame switch to build a full boxed frame for the joint. ;)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I would try the rack first... If you have Hydros you need to switch out frames with a frame that is wrapped! Since you have T-Tops you need more middle support for the car..

·
Registered
252 Posts
Considering those frames are a dime a dozen you could get one cheap, clean it up , wrap it , paint it , whatever. You may want to think about where your planning to go with it in the future , may be juice it , leave it stock. May as well wrap a new one now , My monte had a wrapped frame and it had t-tops and 4 pumps. You can always switch your frame yourself if ya got the space , its not that hard ,but its way easier if ya know someone with a lift .Hit up a junk yard or a auction for another g-body, you can always sell the other parts and make your money back. :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts