LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna document my Grand National/Regal conversion using this post. This is my main project right now so I will be updating often. Feel free to follow along and post your criticism and insight. :biggrin:

These Three pics are of the body. First thing i did was clean up the parts,then i trimmed the lower body kit. And sprayed them with a good white primer.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The start of the hood scoop removal. You can't sand it down flush because you will just sand a hole through it. So I cut it out and made a template out of Styrene. then glued it in and followed up with some Squadron Green Putty.

First layer of filler

After a couple more layers and some sanding

Next update will have the finished hood and the removal of the spoiler :biggrin:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Nice step by step, printing it all up, so it will help me when I get ready to tackle my Grand National...

Thanks!! ! ! !

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the removal of the rear spoiler. I tried to just sand it down with some 220 but it would have taken forever, so i busted out the dremel with the sanding drum and took down the meat of the spoiler. then i followed with the 220, 300...etc,etc....the sanding drum will probably leave some nice deep scratches that you don't want so be sure to work those out.

It's now ready to primer.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
use a monte carlo hood it should fit its the same manufacture :cool:

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by np1302@Sep 7 2003, 09:53 PM
it kinda looks like u started with a 80-86 monte looks like the front end of one
nope, it's an 87 grand national, and i think it would be a better idea to modify the existing hood, rather than buying a whole nother' model just for the hood

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
call monogram models and tell them your monte kint did not have instructons or a hood they will send you one . look at thier site for the kit number

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
the older monte/grand national kits were black but monogram uses white on everytihng :cool:

1 - 20 of 134 Posts