LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M GONNA BE GETTING MY STEEL TO DO MY FRAME AND I NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH I NEED TO GET. SO, I NEED TO KNOW THE BEST WAY TO REINFORCE MY FRAME FOR A 2 PUMP, 8 BATT. F/B/S/S AND OCCASIONAL 3 SET UP ON A REGAL WHILE KEEPING THE BODY ON. DO I JUST BOX IN THE 4TH SIDE OR DO BOTH SIDES OR WHAT?

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
1stly try to seam weld all the original factory welds ,if your leaving the body on do the rear kickups over the axle and the rear sections ,box the centre sections also the outside of the front sections try to link it all together space is a bit tight with the body on but it can be done ,dont forget to do the front spring mounts to stop them pushing threw

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SO, JUST BOX THE CENTER AND REAR AND THEN DO BOTH SIDES ON THE FRONT?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
dont waste your time just get a full frame wrap any thing else is a waste of time

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
seam weld all the factory welds 1st then just do the outside of the front rails box the centre section or just run a angle section along the outside of the centre the rear kick up on the outer face n the rear section under the trunk basicly the more you can reinforce the better ,check out the link it shows you where n what to do

http://www.lo-rdz.co.uk/cgi-bin/iB3/ikonbo...f=11;t=318;st=0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts