LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall I just came across this bomb ass material that Im using for accents in my ride and now Im wondering if there is a way to redo my vynil top in this same material and still have it not get screwed up in the weather?

ever heard of using regular material on the roof instead of the vynil?

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by A-Run@Sep 26 2003, 03:06 PM
hey yall I just came across this bomb ass material that Im using for accents in my ride and now Im wondering if there is a way to redo my vynil top in this same material and still have it not get screwed up in the weather?

ever heard of using regular material on the roof instead of the vynil?
people use to do this all the time to do "phantom tops" but it was not regular material-------it has to be water resistant or repellant or you will end up rusting the car undr the material--------try checking out places where they sell material for boat upolstery-----good luck--peace

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks bro, I wonder if it would work if I did the vynil and then covered the vynil with this material that Im using in the inside? think thatd work?

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Originally posted by A-Run@Oct 2 2003, 03:45 PM
thanks bro, I wonder if it would work if I did the vynil and then covered the vynil with this material that Im using in the inside? think thatd work?
the biggest problem bro is how well will the material that you are talking about will stand up to the elements.......rain, snown hail and the sun is what usually will rip,tear or cause material to disinigrate-----so it might not last toolong on the car bro--------i would do this try wetting a little piece and leaving it out in the sun---or try washing and drying a piece ---if it fades in the first wash it will not stand up to the elements------peace

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well its a white material so I doubt it would fade but it may get weak from the elements, I wonder if you could weather treat it somehow?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts