LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up im about to cut my cutlass convertible i want to reinforce it before i do so i dont get a gap on my door

Ive never cut a car convertible before here anyone know the stress points on the body that make it tweak or break when hopping
im trying to get it done this weekend so i can take it to the painter on monday i already suicided the hood and trunk

If anyone here ever reinforced a body before or if anyone have any idea on how to reinforce it let me know

Thanks

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
no one likes it. :biggrin: (choptop != convertible) in programming that would mean chop top is not equal to a convertible. :biggrin: but yeah youd better reinforce it, if thats what you want to do. someone got talked out of it on here before. :biggrin:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
naw hell no im not chopping hte top by chop top im guessing you mean chop like 4 inches off it hell no that would look UGGGGGly on a cutlass i mean cut it convertible like the whole roof off

we have cut a monte before once we did there was a gap ont eh door we never tried to hop it or nothing but im guessing it will tweak the body thats why im saying if anyone knows the stress points on the body once its cut convertible im guessing right at the end of the door where it closes at and in teh middle cause its just sheet metal there

im most likely just going to get 1 1/2 inch 1/8 tubing and run it accross the bottom and the middle of the car passing under the seats to reinforce it see if that helps hopefully that covers the stress of the car when i hold a standing 3

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thanks man im gonna probably going to weld 3 1 1/2 inch tubes one right down the middle of the interior cause i got a center console in there anyway and two more under each seat straight from the front to the back and at the ends put some 1/4 metal to make sure its all on there real tight before i cut it convertible

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
i would box the spce in trunk between rear 6 by 9 plate and bottom of trhat hump shoul help with a little upward stress. your roof acts as a reinforcement with out it that spce should help

hard for me to explain hope this gives idea

Last edited by umlolo at Aug 4 2003, 08:01 AM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts