LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***I was asked to help build this one... How much reinforcement & where is it all needed for this truck?/ Just a street set up that can go thru the moves without having to worry all that much about frame twisting... What parts of the frame to reinforce ?? Crossmember, wheel arches, ect.......Thanks, BOB_T

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
well ive never personally done an s-10, and but logic would tell me to at least do the belly and around the front springs, and take the box off and do the back half the frame. maybe if its not too hard, box in the open side of the frame. just what i would probally do, i dont know of any infomous weak spots though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i got a 95 s-10 also. if i were you i would like he said take the bed off and box the rear half of the frame then wrap it. also do the a-arm and the crossmembers. you should be good with that reinforcment unless you plan on hoppin the shit out of it or doin some serious 3 wheelin

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The box & cab are already removed once & are just sitting there to take back off..... Thats what I was getting at - is there any weak spots ??? This will not be a dancer -- just a little something to go thru the moves in..... Thanks , for the info, keep em coming in.... BOB_T

·
O.G. Poster
1,090 Posts
what are you gonna do with the rear leaf springs and 16 switches but i agree with chad any were the frame is a C box it and wrap the belly and rear humps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts