LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey as some of ya know im doing my 1st frame wrap ,what thickness of steel should i use ,i was thinking of 6mm(3/16) on all sides and 8mm(1/4) on the rear sections over the axle ,should i use 8mm on the front sections aswell or will 6mm be sufficient ,also how far past the front a arms should i reinforce all the way to the bumper mounts or in between or just past the arms ,should i remove the steering box n plate behind it or just do the outside of the frame there ,any other advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also 1 more thing how much should i extend my a arms i was thinking around 3/4 its still gotta be driveable n street legal(ish)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
3/16" = 4,8MM
1/4" = 6,2 MM

MY FRAME IS ALL DONE IN 3/16" AND THATS HOW IM'A SWING IT!
THERES ALOT OF DUDES THATS GONNA TELL YOU THAT 1/4" IS THE WAY TO GO CUZ IT'S THICKER BUT YOU GOTTA KEEP IN MIND THAT IT'S ALLSO ALOT HEAVYER WICH DIRECTLY MAKES IT "WEAKER".

YOU'LL BE COOL WITH WHATEVER THICKNESS YOU CHOOSE TO GO WITH BUT MY DECITION WAS 3/16"
-BUT TO EACH HIS OWN...

AND I WENT WITH A 1.1/2" EXTENSION OF THE A-ARMS AND WRAPED THE SIDES IN 1/4" AND THE TOP IN 3/16",
THATS A PRETTY BIG EXTENSION AND I DID IT MOSTLY TO GAIN SUSPENSION TRAVEL FOR HOPPIN'
JUST FOR THE BALLJOINT ANGLE ISSUE YOU WONT HAVE TO EXTEND EM MORE THAN LIKE 1/2".

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks dude at least somebody answed my questions i was using 6mm cos its free :)

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Originally posted by juiced79regal@Oct 7 2007, 10:23 AM~8947073
does anybody know how much plate it takes to do a good stress point.

don't just do the stress points wrap the whole thing or you will regret it later thats what happen to me

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
ya'll need ya'll ass whooped twice.......there are tons of reinforcing and frame wrapping topic......

Why the fuck u brought this old one fron the dead........

KILL YO SELF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts