LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ONE SHOT ONE KILL
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 64 is going into the shop and I want to go there with some knowledge on wrapping the frame. What key points need the be done. I've heard different things like "jus the stress points" or the whole thing. Does doing the stress points protect anything? I'm mainly concerned about when I hit the 3 wheel. What's a reasonable price for wrapping the whole thing?
Do Canadian frames need to be wrapped?

·
Boats n Hoes
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by srt1@Dec 31 2008, 08:05 AM~12567958
So the 64 is going into the shop and I want to go there with some knowledge on wrapping the frame. What key points need the be done. I've heard different things like "jus the stress points" or the whole thing. Does doing the stress points protect anything? I'm mainly concerned about when I hit the 3 wheel. What's a reasonable price for wrapping the whole thing?
All frames should be wrapped. Wrapping a frame is shitty ass hard ass work. Even with all the right tools, so its gonna be pricy. If you have the money to have a shop work on it, you might as well have them do the whole thing. It will be well worth it and last alot longer ;)

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by leonardLAg@Dec 31 2008, 09:35 AM~12568479
i need to wrap my 64s frame but dont kow the price neither anyone ??
probably right now it depends on how bad someone needs the money with this economy lol....but if its just a bare frame probably around 2500 give or take a few hundred

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by srt1@Dec 31 2008, 07:05 AM~12567958
its easier to come by g body frames and caddy frames and big body frames than it is to get a impala frame...so my suggestion is to wrap the whole thing... stress points on cars is mainly the rear arches and front of the car...but on the impala X frame also a stress point is the tunnel...so its just wise to do the whole thing

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you just strap it it will break in the future. I agree with everybody else here just do it right the first time or don't do it at all. $2000+++ depending on how pretty you want it

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by srt1@Dec 31 2008, 07:05 AM~12567958

where r u located at. so that we may be able to suggest someone for you to do it...

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
Originally posted by Chivo6four@Dec 31 2008, 11:23 AM~12569372
Wrap the whole frame.  Reinforce it now or fix it later.  Better safe than sorry.
especially if he wants to bust 3 wheel. Shit I did a full wrap and I aint even doin a 3. Just do it right the first time and avoid problems down the line later.

·
ONE SHOT ONE KILL
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in Northern Cali. Money's not an issue since I'm doing frame off restoration. I know it's gonna cost a pretty penny for the whole car done. I already have my motor(which was pricey) and new tranny in. So the next thing is the frame and spraying the paint.
Ok so the x part of the frame? Right? The tunnel?? The x part on the sides or the whole thing? Please explain cuz I'mma lil confused. Yeah I know I'm not too informed on frames, but I'm tryin to learn. I know of a homie who said he'll do it for 2k and I've seen his work. He said the metal can be expensive but these days shit's hella cheap cuz of our wonderful government.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by srt1@Jan 1 2009, 07:03 PM~12578790
I'm in Northern Cali. Money's not an issue since I'm doing frame off restoration. I know it's gonna cost a pretty penny for the whole car done. I already have my motor(which was pricey) and new tranny in. So the next thing is the frame and spraying the paint.
Ok so the x part of the frame? Right? The tunnel?? The x part on the sides or the whole thing? Please explain cuz I'mma lil confused. Yeah I know I'm not too informed on frames, but I'm tryin to learn.  I know of a homie who said he'll do it for 2k and I've seen his work. He said the metal can be expensive but these days shit's hella cheap cuz of our wonderful government.
$2000.00 is about the right price...if that includes him removing the car off the frame you got a steal....if its a rolling chasis then its a good deal still...the X part of the frame really refers to the entire frame as a whole since its in the shape of an X, from the top of the frame rails goin to ur tunnel then back out to the rear arches...we are located in northern cali ourselves..modesto, ca to be exact and if we are able to be some help to you feel free to give me a PM...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts