LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna do the rear end on my car in a few weeks I was wondering if i drain the fluid can i re use the gasket? also i was thinking up just doin the tubes so i don't mess up the cast pumpkin part. If i was to weld to the pumpkin .. how should i do it? I have a heating torch but am afraid i would heat it too much before i weld. thanks

O

·
0 Posts
for the pumpkin, you should weld it with nickel rod, but if you just want to mig weld it, then yes you'll have to heat the cast up, untill it has a slight red glow, run you bead, and LET IT COOL COMPLETELY!, you will want to weld your axle tubes to the pumpkin, to prevent them from pulling out of the pumkin! good luck ;)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by superdodge2196@Oct 13 2006, 09:37 PM~6365553
drain the fluid and remove the axles is what i would do, just to be safe.  here are a couple pics.

OVERKILL...just make it anyway u like brace both tubes so they dont move..or i leamans terms just link them toghther and it wont break... :cool:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Oct 13 2006, 10:53 PM~6365664
OVERKILL...just make it anyway u like brace both tubes so they dont move..or i leamans terms just link them toghther and it wont break... :cool:
tell ron from black magic its overkill, hes the one who made them. :uh: besides i would rather have too much than not enough. also these are good because instead of using like 1" plate he used box tube and cut it to shape. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts