LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the turn siganl flasher on a 86 regal? I bought a manual and still can't find them. They're not in the fuse box under the driver side dash and i can't find em behind the radio either.

turn signals don't make a click noise when engaged and they just stay on constantly when i pull up or down on the turn signal stalk.

Also, when i turn the headlights on, the left turn signal light on the dash stays lit even though the signal isn't on.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The relays are under right under the steering column, take the cover off right under it and they look like big blocks, had to do mine also. Take that cover off and they are going to be right there. Eric.

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a black box under there that looks like i could plug 2 things into(kind of looks like a household outlet). Do the relays plug int there? or are the relays actually that big box?

·
Registered
927 Posts
NO CLICKING NOISE MEANS YOUR FLASHER NEEDS TO BE REPLACED-UNDER $10 AND USUALLY LOCATED NEAR THE STEERING COLUMN OR BRAKE PEDAL CLOSE TO THE FLOOR

MS

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i keep calling the flasher a relay, my fault. It's the flashers that i'm looking for. Haven't found any round silver, grey, yellow, black flashers anywhere under the dash or the fuse box or behind the radio.

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone have a regal they could take a look at to let me know where this hazard is supposed to be? It should make a clicking noise when the signals are on.

Found the spot where a flasher should be for the hazards in the top left corner of the fuse panel. Still can't find the one for the turn signals though. autozone says it's supposed to be "driver side, under dash, above steering column, mounted on supprot bracket"

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
go to autozone.com
and put ur car and then go to component location and it tells u were everything or mostly everything is at

·
Registered
344 Posts
Maybe u just missing it altogether???? haha
Aight well man, mine is attached to the bottom piece of plastic right under my wheel, there is a roundish clip that holds it there.

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by 84RegalRider@Aug 21 2005, 12:47 AM~3664523
Maybe u just missing it altogether???? haha
Aight well man, mine is attached to the bottom piece of plastic right under my  wheel, there is a roundish clip that holds it there.
The plastic piece that the little heater vent is conneced too?

I did the autozone.com thing weeks ago. I think the whole assmbly may be missing.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yea where the vent is connected to, i have a clip that holds my flasher on there as well. Well you should just buy it, then look for a disconnected connector and match it up with hte connector on the flasher, and there you go u are all better. Unless someone cut it off and you got a bunch of cut wires down there. haha

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nahh there aren't any cut wires. I bought one of the EL12 electronic flashers already. I have all the panels off the dash and there's nothing that looks like a relay socket. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of it, would ya?? So the connector for the flasher to plug into is just on the end of some wires or is it stationary? thanks a ton man.

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still can't fnd where this flasher is supposed ta go. Should be getting the regal all legal soon and need these signals working. anyone have pics of whaere it's supposed to be???

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
ILL TAKE PICS TOMORROW

UH

THERES A COVER U HAVE TO REMOVE AND ITS BLACK WITH 7MM SCREWS AND THEN U SEE IT

ITS LIKE RIGHT UNDER THE STEREO

I DUNNO HOW U CAN MISS IT

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I honestly believe the last owner remover the flasher itslef since the hazard flasher was also missing. I have the radio, radio trim, under dash trim, and complete dash out of the car right now and there's no sign of a flasher or where one used to be

1 - 20 of 35 Posts