LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
WTF? look at your manual...should be blue.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
should be a little thing on the head unit, at the back of it.

if it's a real ghetto setup, then just plug it into a fuse that's only on when the car's on on your fusebox. or just put a switch, where you can manually turn your amp on/off

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright Im wiring my amp and when I looked on the back of my headunit I could not find a remote wire plug in do I need a remote wire or will the amp just come on and if I do where are the fuses I can plug it into

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by 87cutlass@Dec 12 2003, 07:54 PM
alright Im wiring my amp and when I looked on the back of my headunit I could not find a remote wire plug in do I need a remote wire or will the amp just come on and if I do where are the fuses I can plug it into
you amp will not turn on if its connected to a remote wire . what kind of deck do you have what model how old is it that it doesnt have a remote wire?

·
Registered
261 Posts
your head unit will have Blue remote wire, blue white antenna,

these wire will go 12 Volt + when head unit is turned on..
this wire will be loomed with all other wires coming from back of head unit.( not seperate).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by 87cutlass@Dec 9 2003, 09:26 PM
no Im wiring my amp where does it plug into the headunit
dude look on ur headunit for a remote wire usually blue don't get it mixed up with the anntena wire, just connect the remote wire from the headunit to the remote wire on ur AMP

get it?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Dec 9 2003, 11:55 PM
should be a little thing on the head unit, at the back of it.

if it's a real ghetto setup, then just plug it into a fuse that's only on when the car's on on your fusebox. or just put a switch, where you can manually turn your amp on/off
or you could ghetto rig it and wire it to the ingnition switch whitch turns the radio on when the car start... i know people who have done it that way and haven't had problems

1 - 13 of 13 Posts