LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive removed em on older cars and you get that glue left over or paint peelin off...ive seen many new cars w/o the badges.....would they come off clean and easy cuz they are somewhat new? I wouldnt wanna try this on my brand new car n be pissed....I'm j/w for when the time comes

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i have a full size 99 chevy and i was goin to do that to mine i wasn't sure until i got a truckin magazine and they had a step by step of my exact truck takin those off. jus use a heat gun and don't let it get too hot and get a od credit card and pull them off wit that but one thing u might wanna watch out for is some vehicles have holes behind some of the emblems so find out if urs does first. mine doesn't.

·
\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/
13,648 Posts
use a plastic scraper to remove them, then use a 3M adhesive remover and GENTLY remove the glue once you are finished WAX that area ASAP. Reason being the adhesive remover will remove all the wax and oils from the paint, and it will dry out and look hazy.

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
heat them up with the heat gun or a hair dryer and slide some dental floss behind that way they stay intact, then goof off or something like that to take the adhesive off, should work fine.

geoff

·
Registered
407 Posts
Originally posted by 1980seville@Oct 4 2003, 01:40 AM
heat them up with the heat gun or a hair dryer and slide some dental floss behind that way they stay intact, then goof off or something like that to take the adhesive off, should work fine.

geoff
yep thats the way to do it. You should be able to get all or almost all glue with your finger. Just heat it up and roll the residue with your finger

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I use a sharpened putty knife and a hammer, then I take the whats left off with an erasure wheel. Go to a body shop and get someone to do it for you, they won't charge if they want your business. we do it all the time for free.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
ive always just sprayed a little windex over the things and let it soak into the foam a little...peal it back some and spray some more windex in there and just keep peeling it off..but all in all the heat gun is the easiest way..im not too sure on that whole sharpened putty knife and hammer something about that just sounds wrong..and dont put paint thinner on your paint

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Oct 6 2003, 09:37 PM
ive always just sprayed a little windex over the things and let it soak into the foam a little...peal it back some and spray some more windex in there and just keep peeling it off..but all in all the heat gun is the easiest way..im not too sure on that whole sharpened putty knife and hammer something about that just sounds wrong..and dont put paint thinner on your paint
paint thinner won't hurt a bc/cc paint job. Body work is my line of work. I like to take as little time as possible and not spend an hr taking off a moulding when I get paid for 6 min. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts