LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM CURRENTLY STRIPPING DOWN MY LOWER AND UPPER CONTROL ARMS FROM MY 62. I AM GOING TO REPLACE THEM WITH ENERGY SUSPENSION POLY BUSHINGS. CAN I CUT THE OLD BUSHINGS OUT? DO THE NEW BUSHINGS COME WITH THE SLEEVE ON THEM? THANX FOR YOU HELP!! :biggrin:

D

·
0 Posts
You are supposed to keep the outer sleeve in the control arm and reuse it. Fir the front bushing, sometimes it is included and sometimes not. I would get the parts first and then figure out what you need. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
i used an air chisle to py them out but i just threw the bushings out including the metal sleve, i think that was only the top arms and the lowers need to be pressed out

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
you need to keep the lower REAR trailingarm sleeves in the trailingarm cuz those are not included in the energy suspension kits, in the front everything is included so you can get rid of all those. just be sure to keep the REAR lower ones...

when i think about it i think you just need to keep the REAR ones in the lower rear trailingarms...

Last edited by badass 64 at Dec 31 2003, 12:49 AM

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Dec 31 2003, 12:35 AM
you need to keep the lower REAR trailingarm sleeves in the trailingarm cuz those are not included in the energy suspension kits, in the front everything is included so you can get rid of all those. just be sure to keep the REAR lower ones...

when i think about it i think you just need to keep the REAR ones in the lower rear trailingarms...
at least this is how it has been for me all times i've changed bushings but be sure to buy the energy suspension set FIRST to make extra sure, they may have changed something, you'll never know.

Last edited by badass 64 at Dec 31 2003, 12:50 AM

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by badass 64+Dec 30 2003, 05:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Dec 30 2003, 05:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Dec 31 2003, 12:35 AM

at least this is how it has been for me all times i've changed bushings but be sure to buy the energy suspension set FIRST to make extra sure, they may have changed something, you'll never know.[/b][/quote]
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, I AM BUYING THE FRONT END KIT MONDAY. THEN I'LL PULL THE BUSHINGS OUT!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by PROJECT6DEUCE+Dec 31 2003, 07:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PROJECT6DEUCE @ Dec 31 2003, 07:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -badass [email protected] 30 2003, 05:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--badass 64
@Dec 31 2003, 12:35 AM

at least this is how it has been for me all times i've changed bushings but be sure to buy the energy suspension set FIRST to make extra sure, they may have changed something, you'll never know.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, I AM BUYING THE FRONT END KIT MONDAY. THEN I'LL PULL THE BUSHINGS OUT![/b][/quote]
you wont regret it, those are great bushings!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** All i used to get th bushings out of my 64 was a set if channel lock pliers , vice grip , screwdriver , hammer , & bench vise...... I had my buddy hold the a-arm while I pulled the outter bushings out first .. then I punched the center out with the hammer & big screwdriver............. My buddy was using a torch & shit for his bushings on his 62 but, It looked more like a hassel for him than what I did............

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Jan 12 2004, 01:34 PM
*** All i used to get th bushings out of my 64 was a set if channel lock pliers , vice grip , screwdriver , hammer , & bench vise...... I had my buddy hold the a-arm while I pulled the outter bushings out first .. then I punched the center out with the hammer & big screwdriver............. My buddy was using a torch & shit for his bushings on his 62 but, It looked more like a hassel for him than what I did............
i allways use a hydraulic press to do that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts