LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1976 cadillac coupe deville that gets TERRIBLE gas mileage (V8 500) and I was wondering how removing my catalytic Converter will affect my gas mileage. Will it make it a little better because of lack of resistance or will it make it worse?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Originally posted by slickpanther@Feb 3 2010, 10:13 PM~16506746
I have a 1976 cadillac coupe deville that gets TERRIBLE gas mileage (V8 500) and I was wondering how removing my catalytic Converter will affect my gas mileage. Will it make it a little better because of lack of resistance or will it make it worse?
in theory it will make it better but i hollowed out the one in my 83 and dident noticie a differance. but down the road it may help because if it hollow it cant clog up and cause probs

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
My Toyota truck had noticible power ang gas milage gains. All I did was cut the flanges from the cat and welded a pipe to them. Make sure and bolt the flanges in, measure pipe, cut, tac in place then pull it off to fully weld.

it is pretty easy and perfectly legal.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Originally posted by Airborne@Feb 5 2010, 08:55 AM~16520606
My Toyota truck had noticible power ang gas milage gains. All I did was cut the flanges from the cat and welded a pipe to them. Make sure and bolt the flanges in, measure pipe, cut, tac in place then pull it off to fully weld.

:roflmao:

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by Airborne@Feb 5 2010, 09:55 AM~16520606

That's a good one. :biggrin:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by Airborne@Feb 5 2010, 10:55 AM~16520606

I was with you til the legal part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts