LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i torch cut them off or no? Been spraying with wd-40, no luck, need to hurry up and get this shit off to put on a new frame!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never thought of that, thanks, i even tried my air impact gun and it wouldnt even budge. I wish i had a shop i would still be out there trying! :angry:

·
Registered
989 Posts
use the blue wrench man, put some heat on her

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was thinking of trying that also just heating up the bolts, but then i thought it would be easier just to rch them off just dont want to fuck up the body the frame i dont care about
:biggrin:

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
pb blaster .... wd -40 dont work in comparison

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i was scared of if i torched them off ,i think i am going to just heat them up, then try again with a big ass breaker bart or pipe and see what happens. :biggrin:

·
Registered
871 Posts
PB blaster, then torch heat, then an impact set on "kill" :biggrin:

If that doesn't get them out, you are going to have to break them.

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Salvarican Posted Today, 05:43 PM
Watch out for the knuckle busters
Been there done that :uh: anyways today i took off all of the bolts except for one that keeps on turning, now what? :angry:

·
16,068 Posts
had that happen on my caprice. what it is, is that the nut thats welded to a plate/or the body has broken loose and is turning with the bolt. Had to cut out part of my floor to cut the plate off, then re-weld a new nut on, reweld and grind the floor, then put i my new body bushings and bolts.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by cashmoneyspeed@Oct 15 2006, 01:24 AM~6371433
had that happen on my caprice.  what it is, is that the nut thats welded to a plate/or the body has broken loose and is turning with the bolt.  Had to cut out part of my floor to cut the plate off, then re-weld a new nut on, reweld and grind the floor, then put i my new body bushings and bolts.
yea it a pain when that happens. which one is spining? the ones in the trunk are easier to cut off.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it is the very last one on the left hand side of car, so should i just torch that one out or cut into the trunk? fucking pain in the ass bolt!!!!!! :uh:

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by jayoldschool@Oct 14 2006, 01:21 PM~6367740
impact set on "kill" :biggrin:

i thought i had the only gun with that setting..... compressor turned up to 1k

:biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So should i cut the floor in the trunk to remove the bolt or what??????I will post pics of my project in a minute :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts