LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I WANNA REMOVE THE 2 PUMP, 6 BATT SETUP I HAVE IN MY CAR, CUZ IM ABOUT TO TAKE THE CAR COMPLETELY APART AND BUILD IT FROM THE GROUND UP. ANY POINTERS ON HOW TO GO ABOUT REMOVING THE SET-UP.

I.E. - WHERE TO START DISASSEMBLING? START WITH BLEEDING HOSES? OR LOWERING VOLTAGE?

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
first dump ur car allthe way down. second un hook the disconnect.take cabels off ur motors,and batteries,from there its all what u wanna do,....... un hook hoses from pumps,cylinders, remove pump bolts,all wires from switch box and dumps .. and so on and so forth

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
depending on how low the car is you may wanna put the car on jack stands before you dump it so you can get the jack under the car again ive had that prob before dropped the car on the deck n then cant get a jack under it but as homeboy said dump it pull disconnect id start with pulling the batts n wiring out 1st then hoses n cylinders n pumps etc

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by rickys64@Nov 11 2008, 04:52 PM~12127989
Hey dogg, its Jr's cousin Ricky with the six-fo. So you decided to reinforce the bitch?
YA GOTS TOO, EVEN IF UR GONNA BE DOIN LAY N PLAY, UR BETTER OFF GETTIN DA FRAME RE-INFORCED, PLUS IMA DO DA REAR QUATER PANELS, TRUNK CUZ I WANNA DO A STANDING 3 WHEEL.

WATS GOOD WIT UR SIX4??

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am trying to purchase some chrome extended arms for it right now. I want to reinforce it and all that but its a lot of work plus a lot of money. So you gonna take it to a shop or you gonna do it yourself?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THE ONLY THING THAT I WANNA GET DONE BY A SHOP IS THE FRAME WRAP, AND A NEW BATT/PUMP RACK, AND THE NEW CYLINDERS AND SPRINGS GOING IN, AND THE PAINT JOB. INTERIOR I WANNA DO MYSELF, THE NEW SET UP I WANNA PUT IN MYSELF, AND NEW MOTOR IM GONNA DO MYSELF AS WELL.

DA FRAME WRAP ISNT DAT MUCH, THERES A LOCAL GUY NEAR MY PAD THAT WORKS ON LOWLOWS. THEY TOLD ME 1500-1700 TO GET 1/4" ALL DA WAY AROUND THE FRAME.

AND YEA LOWLOWS AINT CHEAP, IM LOOKING AT AT LEAST $15K FOR MINE

BUT IM BASICALLY STARTING FROM THE GROUND UP. :biggrin:

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
post pics of the car!

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Originally posted by impala65@Nov 11 2008, 07:30 PM~12128884
:0
wtf :uh: i didnt post this :angry:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by NOKTs80@Nov 11 2008, 09:44 PM~12129048
SO BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND REAL QUICK, ONCE I TAKE THE BATT OUT, WHAT CAN I PLACE THEM ON SO THEY DONT DRAIN COMPLETELY????
the ground,its an old wives tale that it drains them,but if it makes you feel better use a piece of plywood or something

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WELL I HEARD THEY GET DRAINED BCUZ THEY'RE ON A SURFACE DAT COVERS THE WHOLE BOTTOM OR SOME SHIT LIKE DAT AND GIVEN DAT THEY'RE NOT DRY CELL BATTS, ITS DRAINS THEM FAST... :dunno:

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
TRAINING DAY MONTE IN EFFECT!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quick question. WILL 24 VOLTS RUN THE BACK PUMP, CUZ I HAVE DA CAR IN MY DRIVEWAY, BUT IF ITS DUMPED ALL THE WAY, I CANT PULL IT OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY W/O SCRAPING GAS TANK AND BACK BUMPER..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts