LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a full resto on my '62 Cadillac Sedan Deville and am almost ready to remove the body from the frame but before doing so I need to know a few things. Is it neccessary or recommended to remove the windshied and rear window or can I just leave them on? Also, should I remove the doors and install supports or should I leave them on and use them as supports?

I gotta get this project done and get everything in the garage before winter strikes. I'm going to spend the winter cleaning everything up and getting stuff powdercoated and chromed out. Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited by kaddylowrider at Aug 21 2003, 08:17 AM

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by kaddylowrider@Aug 21 2003, 03:10 AM
Is it neccessary or recommended to remove the windshied and rear window or can I just leave them on?

Also, should I remove the doors and install supports or should I leave them on and use them as supports?

You can leave the glass in, it doesnt hurt anything, just adds weight.

If its a hardtop and the rockers are solid and the floors are fairly solid, you can take the doors off and it will be ok, the roof supports it.... but if its a convertible, definitely remove the doors and put braces in no matter what.

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts