LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best way to lift the body of my 1984 cutlass brougham off the frame i have unbolted all the body mounts taken out the engin and transmission and removed the other parts that will get cuaght up, should i just jack the body up or would that warp the body? it dosent seem like its unbolted all the way but i cant see anymore points where it would be bolted down too ,im not sure what to do and help would be appreciated thanksss

·
Registered
39 Posts
you have two choices if it being done in a garage.1-get a whole ass load of friends and lift'er by hand or 2- use 4 jacks, 4 friends and lift all four corners at once. if you have acess to a car lift you can use the arms on all 4's or if you can find a shop that can loan you a stall and lift you'd have an easier job.good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help! also is there a manual or site i can check just to make sure i took out all of the body mount points cos this fucker wont budge thank alot though!

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
can also use a hoist(electric or chain), can buy them at harbor frieight. make a large support frame for it, the same shape you see in kids backyard playsets. that way you can just roll the frame out. just need one, cause you can use an engine hoist in the front.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea is a bitch its all unbolted now i just need to lift it and im not looking forward to it

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
its not to bad i just did my parts car yesterday,i dont really care about the body so i just used 2 of those stock bumper jacks and did the back then front,it didnt even damage it,which i was suprised by i just used them to get the body and frame seperated,Right now i have the body up on blocks and boards ready for some homies to come and lift up high enough to roll the frame out,if i had a cement driveway to do it id just use and engine hoist it would be quicker and you could get it higher so you could do it yourself

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm maybe i should do that i do have an engine hoist but how would you attach it to the body and not fuck anything up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts