LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah i know this has nothing to do with Hydraulics, but you Hydraulic guys all (most of you) reinforce your frame, and this has something to do with reinforcing, so i thought i'd ask you.

On my 80 Fleetwood Brougham, i have to remove the rear deck (where the 6x9s are)... i'm going to remove the 6x9s, and then cut out that whole part, but what should i reinforce it with? would reinforcing it even be necessary? it seems to be holding the whole back window, so i don't want my whole back end to just fall in :p

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
do not cut that it supports the whole ass in the truck lid etc.. cut that out there is nothing holding it or supporting it i would not cut it or find some way to help support it the same way it is now but just to make room for what you are going to do

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
i cut a spot in front of my 6x9s cuz my cylinders come thruogh my back dash i have no problem with my back window

Last edited by droppen98 at Dec 7 2003, 10:03 PM

·
Registered
237 Posts
on my lincoln i have 12s, with the drop they came right up thru the deck i just cut a nice hole in it.. its ghetto for now but ill make a nice wood cutout to make it look nice and clean and fabric it one day or something... so yea when ur driveing all u see is 2 clinders in ur back window i think its cool looking ez acess too

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, now how about the back seat, can i cut a "port" about 3 feet wide and about a foot high behind the back seat? (i.e., a hole into the trunk) would i need to reinforce anything there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts