LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to redo the Cadillac Wood Grain, in my 79 I have the Knotted wood look, and It needs refurbishing to bring it back to life. Alot of it was sun damaged, but as in some spots its completely worn out. Now I'd usually replace these parts, but I want my ride Original. Besides, the knotted wood style is harder to find. If there is no cure for it, how can I make it mohogany or any other style of wood grain look, cause we all know, they aint real wood on them old caddys, unless you had it custom made.

Thanx for help!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i have seen on one occasion a caddy with real wood grain it was a fleetwood at the junk yard i was goin to get the wood grain but the rest of the panels wouldn't fit cuz mine is a coupe

·
Registered
888 Posts
I got the same problem on my 77 deville, the wood panels on the doors are all faded... anyone know of a fix for this ???

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Talk to somebody that restores furniture. Their are people out there that know how to paint wood. It used to be a common thing, I know somebody around here that knows how to do it. He's pretty old now but back in the day he was really good at it. My 48 Studebaker came stock with a steel painted woodgrain dash..... I would ask somebody that runs a shop restoring furniture if they know somebody that knows how to do it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I asked around ant the only aswere I could get was remove the trim and re-cover it with wood-grain contact paper then replace the trim...

anyone ever tried this?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
i used the contact paper on my cutty worked great you just have to take your time with it...I put the paper on then sparyed it with some clear and the shit looks hella good...You can get the contact paper at home depot they have all different colors of wood grain...

·
Registered
888 Posts
anyone got some pics of stuff done with the contact paper?

·
Registered
83 Posts
try this web site exoticwooddash.com :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
to caddy 79 dv,

pm the homie downlow350, he did his ownd woodgrain on his buick, to put it modestly, HE WINS SHOWS.

there is also a thread in post your rides that details his resto/custom. process on his ranfla.

or you can be prefabricted wood inserts.

:cool: ,

cc

Last edited by Cruz_Campos at Sep 24 2003, 03:08 PM

·
Registered
888 Posts
Ive come up with a new idea, Ima try out, Ill post some pics soon and share with yall

·
Registered
248 Posts
Theres a guy out of Anaheim, Ca that redid the woodgrain on my Regal he did a clean as job and he can do it in anytype of wood grain you want give him a call his name is Victor and hes from Anaheim, Ca his # is (714)776-8685

1 - 11 of 11 Posts