LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Repairing Cadillac Wood Grain

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  KILO 
#1 ·
Anybody know how to redo the Cadillac Wood Grain, in my 79 I have the Knotted wood look, and It needs refurbishing to bring it back to life. Alot of it was sun damaged, but as in some spots its completely worn out. Now I'd usually replace these parts, but I want my ride Original. Besides, the knotted wood style is harder to find. If there is no cure for it, how can I make it mohogany or any other style of wood grain look, cause we all know, they aint real wood on them old caddys, unless you had it custom made.

Thanx for help!!

#4 ·
Talk to somebody that restores furniture. Their are people out there that know how to paint wood. It used to be a common thing, I know somebody around here that knows how to do it. He's pretty old now but back in the day he was really good at it. My 48 Studebaker came stock with a steel painted woodgrain dash..... I would ask somebody that runs a shop restoring furniture if they know somebody that knows how to do it.

#6 ·
i used the contact paper on my cutty worked great you just have to take your time with it...I put the paper on then sparyed it with some clear and the shit looks hella good...You can get the contact paper at home depot they have all different colors of wood grain...

#9 ·
to caddy 79 dv,

pm the homie downlow350, he did his ownd woodgrain on his buick, to put it modestly, HE WINS SHOWS.

there is also a thread in post your rides that details his resto/custom. process on his ranfla.

or you can be prefabricted wood inserts.

:cool: ,

cc

Last edited by Cruz_Campos at Sep 24 2003, 03:08 PM

#11 ·
Theres a guy out of Anaheim, Ca that redid the woodgrain on my Regal he did a clean as job and he can do it in anytype of wood grain you want give him a call his name is Victor and hes from Anaheim, Ca his # is (714)776-8685

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.