LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some 1 help me? i gotta 83 regal..3.8l v6,i changed out the factory..intake an carb..i gotta edelbrock intake an a holley carb..sittin in it now i cant get my transmission 2 come out of 1st gear now that ive changed the fac..carb n intake????please help some 1.....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
check either your throttle valve cable a cable that tellls the tranny to shift based on how much gas yo give it, also called a kick down cable /or you vacume modulator man, its a valve that shifts gears based on the demands on the motor, higher rpm = lower vacume

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
its the vacume modulator on the passenger side of the tranny about half way back on it. looks like a can. it should have a vacume line hooked to it that runs to the intake or carb. used to fall of on my regal all the time.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks fella'z,i got the 700r4 transmission also holley calls 4 a throttle bracket 2 allow the tranny 2 change properly..i bought the throttle adapter an now my passin gear linkage is 2 short,man im stummped..maybe i can rigg up a metal plate an put it on the throttle so that the passin gear linkage will reach what do u guys think? thanks

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
oh o.k. i thought you had a 350 or 250. if you buy a replacment cable at NAPA or most other auto parts stores, you should be able to get one that has an ajustable sleeve. so you can pretty much make it any length you want. i have one on my car and i also have a ajustable trottle linkage mount, i can pull it closer to the carb or closer to the fire wall,maybe that will help.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:biggrin: Dayum,thanks alot..hehe I cant believe the help here,man i go 2 lowrider.com an several otha sites..an i have never gottin this much help...let me shout another double dayum!!!Thanks soooo much sweeeetttt,,,,

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok here's 1 for ya...i got the 3.8L v6 83 regal..wit all the emissions vac lines runnin all over the motor..well i removed the charcoal canister an all the emission vac lines. i think it is an electric fuel system throttle body 2bbl carb that was on it...i put the edelbrock intake an 4bbl holley carb on it..that r not set up 4 emissions,do u think the electric fuel system could be causein the trans..not 2 change or its juz my linkage not set correctly.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ight thanks again..ok how about coolin do u think i should get a lager radator since i changed from the 2bbl to the 4bbl...when i cranked the engine up 4 the 1st time man the belt pullies where spinnin like a mug...i was like Dayum! or How about the fan clutch..What u think? I was drivin the otha day i gotta manually shift the tranny U know this of course, well i had 2 change the water neck on the intake to a 81 regal water neck..edelbrock calls 4 an 81 water neck so i was tryin 2 find a hose 2 fit,the hose that runs 2 the water pump. theres about a 3inch space it an S shape hose,Hell I rigged one up thought it be ight,So i was drivin an when it got hot it kinked up Man my sh*t overheated it screwed the heater core antifreeze went all in my floorboard...I was like fuk!!! theres 1 more thnig 2 fuk wit now..lol o well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts