LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Replacing water pump on 97 s10 blazer

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BUTTAFINGUZ 
#1 ·
It's a V6 Vortec. After taking radiator out just to remove the water pump, I still couldn't get the fan off of the old water pump. It has one big nut that is keeping the fan on. It spins while turning the bolt. It's gotta be a easier way to do this. :uh:
Any help would appreciated.

#3 ·
have to use a fan wrench and something to hold the little bolts on the pulley so it dosent turn

#4 ·
dont remove the belt till u loosen the fan clutch

also go to autozone or advance or oreillys or csk and get a loaner fan clutch remover tool

#5 ·
while your there make sure it was actually your water pump leaking if thats why your changing it, there are known for the front intake gasket leaking, it will leak right down the water pump and drip off the bottom, just like if the water pump was leaking

#6 ·
Originally posted by corndawg@Dec 2 2008, 07:36 AM~12310482
while your there make sure it was actually your water pump leaking if thats why your changing it, there are known for the front intake gasket leaking, it will leak right down the water pump and drip off the bottom, just like if the water pump was leaking
O.M.G. After all the work I've put in I hope that is not the case with the gasket. :uh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.