LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I am new to the game of Hydros and I am checking into getting this new hydro kit from Pro Hopper for my '47 Chevy Fleetline. I was wondering if any of you have had experience with Hoppos? Reds???

Why get 4 pumps versus 2 pumps? Thanks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Sep 19 2005, 08:47 AM~3842086
Well, the main reason for 4 pumps is being able to control each cylinder individually.  most go with 3 for individual rear corners for 3- wheeling.  Having four is either for show or for double pumping for hop offs.

Thanks! Yep, just order this book last week!

gracias

·
Registered
59 Posts
Originally posted by MarquisPlaya@Sep 19 2005, 08:58 AM~3842127
just ordered the book last night, thinkin bout my next project already

You're gonna love it :biggrin:

I've bought SO many shop books before the internet was available and the use of computers was a common place. I love cars and have learned a lot over the years. This book was very easy to follow and cleared up all my questions I had about lowriders. Too bad car tech books weren't as easy to follow :uh: :cool:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Hey because you have a classic bomb, I would go with a standard 2 Pump Pro Hopper setup, 4 Italian dumps, with 3 batteries. Run your pumps at 36 Volts. I would run 8" and 10's Cylinders, maybe some 2.5 ton springs for the front, and Accumulators in the rear. When you got those classics, you don't need them to yank up quick, just smooth up and down motion

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 19 2005, 09:16 AM~3842228
Hey because you have a classic bomb, I would go with a standard 2 Pump Pro Hopper setup, 4 Italian dumps, with 3 batteries.  Run your pumps at 36 Volts. I would run 8" and 10's Cylinders, maybe some 2.5 ton springs for the front, and Accumulators in the rear.  When you got those classics, you don't need them to yank up quick, just smooth up and down motion

Hey Dirty, that's exactly how it was recommended to me...would it make a difference if I ran accumulators in the front as well?

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
No need to run them in the front with that Coil in there, just get maybe a 2 ton, to 2.5 ton, and you should be okay. If you want, then you can run Accums in the front, I personally think it is overkill

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool man, thanks for the tip. Pro Hopper has a special for $1095 I think for a complete 2 pump set up. I might go for it.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Aeroman@Sep 20 2005, 12:02 AM~3847772
cool deal, even better that someone has had good luck with them (Pro Hopper)!!!
Been using them in both my cars since 2000, besides the normal motor blown, no other problems. Take it from me, pay the extra for the Comp Cylinders, mine are going on 3 years now, and still going strong.

·
"Tears Of A Clown"
16,272 Posts

CLICK THE PITBULL!

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 20 2005, 08:03 AM~3849099
Been using them in both my cars since 2000, besides the normal motor blown, no other problems.  Take it from me, pay the extra for the Comp Cylinders, mine are going on 3 years now, and still going strong.
good point...ive had the comp cylinders in since janurary...no leaks no problems...Hell when i ordered my new kit after my pumps got stolen i didnt even replace the old cylinders with the new ones from the kit...know this guy in town with a showtime setup....had it since june...pump seal went out, 3 of 4 cylinders have had to have new seals installed...2 times...1 motor burnt up.....crappy stuff.......So prohopper all the way

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
im pro hopper all the way

been hearing alot about show times blocks leaking into the motors ALOT latelly.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, go with Pro Hopper Competition cylinders?

Also, would 10" cylinders for rear and 8" for front be ok? Here is an image of my set-up (keep in mind I got away from lame-ass airbags):

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess something like this? There are a list of upgrades below, not sure if I need to get overkill on this since I am not going to be hopping and/or competition.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts