LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going through this forum and I have to admit, there's a lot of info here!

I've noticed that you can mod any car here with an air suspension, so I'm also guessing you can mod a Celica! :biggrin: I decided on an air suspension, since the Celica doesn't have much room for batteries of a hydraulic system.

I just want to mod the car so that it can go up and down on all fours. I'd like to lower my ride (everyone on my Celica forum is telling me to do so :biggrin: ), but living in Toronto, Ontario poses some road hazards.....Pot holes and pretty big ones. I hit one and it scratched my plastic guards at stock height.

I'm just looking to see what I'm getting myself into. I've looked at the kits and separate components. I'm thinking a modest compressor (no idea on size), tank (no idea on volume, guessing maybe 8 gallon?), valves, hoses (1/2" for fine control) and if possible a control that I can have some presets and fine tuning (Is this possible?). If I can, I'd like to lower the car to about 1 1/2" off the ground and keep stock height as the maximum (Sidewalks are also a killer!)

Please excuse the long post, and thanking for taking the time to look!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Airstruts in the front and bags in the back, quite an easy install and there are a few people making stuff for them. Steer away from the small air cylinders that are around as they will ride shit. Go the airbag struts in the front as it will ride better and lift at a lower psi

·
Registered
127 Posts
Strut bag doesn't lay you lower at all brother so i had to break it up to you, you can talk to juicedgrandam on this site he will tell you.. You can get more lift outta your suspension with hydraulic cylidner and never worry about popping a bag or a pot hole issuses.....

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by 857baller@Oct 15 2003, 07:03 PM
You can get more lift outta your suspension with hydraulic cylidner
:uh: :uh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Oct 15 2003, 06:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Oct 15 2003, 06:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--857baller@Oct 15 2003, 07:03 PM
You can get more lift outta your suspension with hydraulic cylidner
:uh: :uh:[/b][/quote]
GEE MAN THIS IS YOUR SECOND TIME QUOTATING ME IS THERE A PROBLEM :angry:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
it's possible...

please explain how you can obtain more lift with hydros than with air.

i am eagerly awaiting your response..

·
Registered
127 Posts
ok say it was a truck u put a fucking 24 ram in the rear tell me if u put bags u can get that much lift, i guess not

Even so he puts 8inch cylinder up front does bags lift that high don't think so it can only lift up to ur stock height hahahah damn bags lol

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
i think you're full of shit..

of course I could make a truck lift as high with bags as cylinders could, it's all in the design

and youre plain stupid if you think bags only lift you to stock height...

case in point..

·
Registered
127 Posts
hahah is that the best u can lock up to hhaha a 6in hydro cylinder lift higher then that case close

·
Registered
558 Posts
yea usually with a puddle of hydraulic fluid in the trunk to go with that lift, you can get triple convulated bags for more lift, air bags are still a new thing, don't worry, people will be hitting back bumper soon enough with air, or have they already? :biggrin:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
believe me you little fag, my car is up as high as it will mechanically go, without making major alterations to the frame itself...

the front cannot get any higher because the control arm hits the frame, and in the back, any higher would smash the driveshaft into the frame..

so when you actually have a car, come back and talk shit then homo..

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
not like you'll ever get that accord that you dont own juiced up...

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Oct 16 2003, 06:56 PM

this is my brothers ride. (note: see the regal?)
beautiful!~~~ I fucking love them cars :0 :0

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
ill get pics of my buddies s10 to show you how insane bags can lift

1 - 19 of 19 Posts