LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I NEED TO DO A REVERSE FLOW SETUP ON MY SON'S CAR ANY ONE HAVE ANY DIAGHRAME'S? I KNOW MOST PEOPLE SAY THEY SUCK. BUT IT'S WHAT I HAVE AND SHOULD BE FINE FOR A LAY AND PLAY 36VOLT SET-UP FOR THE WEEKEND WITH ACCUM THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
What kind of car is this goin on?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
if u know they suck then why would u put something on ursons car that sucks and could leave him stranded..why don't u just do it properly the first time with a piece of mind knowing its better and more reliable...the cost of regular cylinders isn't that much money to do the job with more reliable components....and they are still fairly easy to constuct the casing mounts to hold ur regual cylinder in place

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MR. KINGFISH CUSTOM I DID NOT SAY THEY SUCK. I SAID MOST PEOPLE SAY THAT. BUT THANX FOR THE ADVICE I HAVENT HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM. AND KNOW A FEW PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by BROOKLYNBUSA@Nov 15 2008, 06:29 PM~12166779
MR. KINGFISH CUSTOM I DID NOT SAY THEY SUCK. I SAID MOST PEOPLE SAY THAT. BUT THANX FOR THE ADVICE I HAVENT HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM. AND KNOW A FEW PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM.
sorry i dont have any pics of the reverse flow setup. but theres been plenty of topcs on here about them plus install pics as well as using a regular cylinder as well. if the search option isnt working. go to google.com and type in ur search criteria as well as layitlow and it will bring up many forums for you

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
If you get good rev flows from pro hopper or if black magic makes'm . If you install them right. They are fine. The biggest prolem with most rev flow installations is that they are not allowed to pivot easily. The mounts at the top of the strut are usually solid metal to metal. or a rubber bushing. This causes the cylinder to bind sligtly when extented and the seals wear out quickly. Especially in mcpherson struts where the steering pivots on the strut. There has to be some type of pivot in the top mount.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Originally posted by trefive@Nov 16 2008, 05:46 PM~12173576
The problem is the swivel fittings on top.  The strut will turn when the wheel is turned and swivel + turning = bad times
sometimes. If you use a thread sealer and the hose is given the right kind of slack to move it will be fine. One upper mount that I made back in the day held the fitting and hose in place but still alowed the right pivot to prevent the cylinder from binding. The only bad part is that the turning (steering) was tranferred down to the cyinder casing. So it was just more wear and tear on the seals.

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts

well. its different! def 36v with accumes... post pics of the stock suspension.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOLTHATS IT RIGHT HERE! IT'S GOT A 70" SLIDING RAG AND SHAVED HANDLE'S AND FRENCHED ANT SO FAR NO MORE MOD'S . :thumbsup:

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Originally posted by BROOKLYNBUSA@Nov 18 2008, 08:11 PM~12194898
LOLTHATS IT RIGHT HERE! IT'S GOT A 70" SLIDING RAG AND SHAVED HANDLE'S AND FRENCHED ANT SO FAR NO MORE MOD'S . :thumbsup:

lets see pics!! im in hartford ct

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
here is our rev flow, the can be done on our comp or street cylinders for 50.00 apair more....the swlive cups are 75 a pair

broke down pics of the making of one

threaded cylinder head with a back up nut ...This stops the head from loosing up and blowing the seal under the head.

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
excuse my ignorance, but shouldnt the seals go teflon, rubber rubber teflon? i have found that when the scrapers are on outsides, the o rings last longer ;)

but if you allready knew that then oh well!

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
Originally posted by HARDLUCK88@Nov 19 2008, 12:09 AM~12197384
excuse my ignorance, but shouldnt the seals go teflon, rubber rubber teflon? i have found that when the scrapers are on outsides, the o rings last longer ;)

but if you allready knew that then oh well!

but for real though, that rev flow you guys make is light years ahead of the other ones i seen :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by HARDLUCK88@Nov 18 2008, 11:10 PM~12197402
but for real though, that rev flow you guys make is light years ahead of the other ones i seen  :biggrin:
Thanks and ,we do put them on like u said....the back-up caughtes the o-ring as it flattens out... :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Nov 18 2008, 10:02 PM~12197299
here is our rev flow, the can be done on our comp or street cylinders for 50.00 apair more....the swlive cups are 75 a pair

broke down pics of the making of one

threaded cylinder head with a back up nut ...This stops the head from loosing up and blowing the seal under the head.
Excellent :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts