LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.revell.com/?id=262


I got this link from someone on another forum. I've been to the Revell site several times and I never saw this, maybe it's new.

Here are the suggestions I sent them, :biggrin:



I have a few suggestions. I would love to see the following cars done in plastic!

'87 Oldsmobile Cutlass

'86 Buick Regal (same kit as Grand National, but with chrome bumpers, non-turbo hood, no rear spoiler, and a V8.

'72 Buick Riviera

'77 Olds Cutlass

'77 Grand Prix

'07 GMC Sierra, or Chevy Silverado.

'68 Caprice or Impala

'73-'77 Chevelle/Malibu

'64 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88



If ya got the time, and if you haven't done it already, get on there and tell them what you'd like to see!

I know the only ones that I sent that would even stand a chance are the G-bodies, and maybe the trucks. I just figured I would throw the rest in there for fun.
 

·
Class Act
Joined
·
26,972 Posts
'86 Buick Regal (same kit as Grand National, but with chrome bumpers, non-turbo hood, no rear spoiler, and a V8. aint gonna happen its a waste of time

'77 Grand Prix AMT has the 76, they have to fix the tool back to the way it was before the superfly version

'68 Caprice or Impala
whats wrong with the resin ones i got a 66 and its better than plastic


as for the stuff i didnt highlight im all for them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Originally posted by Lownslow302@Sep 22 2006, 09:49 PM~6227088

'68 Caprice or Impala
whats wrong with the resin ones i got a 66 and its better than plastic
as for the stuff i didnt highlight im all for them
Not everyone can afford resin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Lownslow302@Sep 22 2006, 06:49 PM~6227088
'86 Buick Regal (same kit as Grand National, but with chrome bumpers, non-turbo hood, no rear spoiler, and a V8. aint gonna happen its a waste of time

'77 Grand Prix AMT has the 76,  they have to fix the tool back to the way it was before the superfly version

'68 Caprice or Impala
whats wrong with the resin ones i got a 66 and its better than plastic
as for the stuff i didnt highlight im all for them
Why would the Regal be a waste of time? They have the tooling, all it really needs is the parts I listed. They took the '86 Monte SS and altered the tooling to make the '87 AeroCoupe, only to change it back to the notchback. Seems to me it would only make the Grand National tooling more profitable.

MPC never made a '76 Grand Prix. The last Grand Prix to be made into a kit was the '72. The "Superfly" was just a modified version of the '72, and I'm sure that mold is too far gone to be brought back.

What's wrong with the resin ones? Price! The only people that don't want to see this kit made into a new tool kit are the ones that have paid $100+ for the old AMT kit, and the ones who have paid for the resin. Plus, not everyone likes or wants to work with resin. Why should the more experienced builders, and the ones with deeper pockets be the only ones able to build these cars?



I should have listed the '66, '69, and '71 through '75 just for shits n giggles.
 

·
Class Act
Joined
·
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by pokey6733@Sep 22 2006, 08:06 PM~6227177
Why would the Regal be a waste of time? They have the tooling, all it really needs is the parts I listed. They took the '86 Monte SS and altered the tooling to make the '87 AeroCoupe, only to change it back to the notchback. Seems to me it would only make the Grand National tooling more profitable.

MPC never made a '76 Grand Prix. The last Grand Prix to be made into a kit was the '72. The "Superfly" was just a modified version of the '72, and I'm sure that mold is too far gone to be brought back.

What's wrong with the resin ones? Price! The only people that don't want to see this kit made into a new tool kit are the ones that have paid $100+ for the old AMT kit, and the ones who have paid for the resin. Plus, not everyone likes or wants to work with resin. Why should the more experienced builders, and the ones with  deeper pockets be the only ones to have these kits?
cause even the most noob of modelers can do a simple GN to regal conversion.

i wouldnt mind a superfly reissue

you gotta pay if you want to build some cars will always cost more than others. i rather see a box chevy or a 55 cadillac.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Lownslow302@Sep 22 2006, 07:13 PM~6227215
cause even the most noob of modelers can do a simple GN to regal conversion.

i wouldnt mind a superfly reissue

you gotta pay if you want to build some cars will always cost more than others. i rather see a box chevy or a 55 cadillac.
True, the Regal conversion is easy. But what about the chrome bumpers? What about the builders that can't afford to get chrome plating done, or don't have an air-brush and can't use Alclad? Like I said, It would be easy for Revell to do, and they would sell. I'd buy a few.

Yeah, you gotta pay if you want to build some cars. But wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to?

You say you want a box Chevy? Me too! Why not get one from the Modelhaus?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by phatras@Sep 22 2006, 07:50 PM~6227379

parts packs.. sell the rims, engines and all the goodies from kits already out.. i hate buying a damn kit for an engine..
Great idea, but, I think that's the whole idea. They WANT you to buy extra kits just for the parts.
 

·
Class Act
Joined
·
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by pokey6733@Sep 22 2006, 08:37 PM~6227318
True, the Regal conversion is easy. But what about the chrome bumpers? What about the builders that can't afford to get chrome plating done, or don't have an air-brush and can't use Alclad? Like I said, It would be easy for Revell to do, and they would sell. I'd buy a few.

Yeah, you gotta pay if you want to build some cars. But wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to?

You say you want a box Chevy? Me too!  Why not get one from the Modelhaus?
got it but a full detail kit would be nice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,671 Posts
I don't think the Regal would work out. If the bumpers aren't on a tree that can be completely plated, then it's too expensive to move it on the tool or make a separate tree just to plate it.

I'm pushing for the Cutlass simply because there is already progress on it since the test shot was made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,850 Posts
i put down a late 80's four door caprice, 93-96 fleetwood cadillac, 90-99 lincoln town car :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,982 Posts
4 door late 30's bombs!!

66 impala

69 impala

box chevy

impala wagons 60's - 69's

and last but not lease a fuckin cadillac big body kit!!! fully detailed!

and a 98 towncar
 
1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Top